Best car cover you use for your mopar?

-

71DodgeDemon340

Reaction score
Hey everyone, im looking for a indoor light car cover maybe silk that i can put on my demon just to help with dust and prevent wandering eyes when the garage is open, any suggestions? Id like to stay under the $250-300 mark. I would also prefer a fitted car cover, most places ive looked at doesnt list a demon but a duster should be closer than a dart correct?

I’d say the Duster and Demon would be close enough for a car-cover match. In a few weeks my ‘71 will be covered for the season until Spring. I use an inexpensive one I got from Autozone a couple of years ago. I believe the name brand is “Budge”. Stored indoors. The cover is just that. Keeps dust off and breathable. Paid maybe $40-$50 for it. Fits good but not as form fitting as the California Cover I have on my B-Body car. The California cover is circled in red. The cheaper one on the Duster is in purple.
301D70E5-A8FE-4DB7-958A-F2269B2C05F8.jpeg

Covercraft, form fitted for the car, various materials and prices accordingly. I've had 2 of them, very happy with them.

I got a California Cover indoor cover about 5 years ago and I’m still happy with the purchase now.

California Cover
If you go this route,Make sure it is dust resistant.Mine was indoor,very soft but I didn't know there were different ones.
Living it the dusty windy desert the dust goes right through.

Well i contacted covercraft about their custom form fit indoor car cover, while emailing them back and forth they ran a sale and had them for $460 with free shipping, well i got a quote for alterations to accommodate the go wing and was quoted $529 + tax with free shiping. I told them that i would be fine with that, they were going to get a pattern together and get back with me, well i got a email yesterday and they told me that they had a pattern finalized and the extra material was going to be $100 more than the $529 i was quoted but they would split the difference and only charge another $50 more. I told them i wasnt interested in it for anything over the price i was quoted. I mean why bother quoting me when they had no clue, i specifically asked to price the cover including the alterations. I told them i would take the cover for the $529 but not any more over that, havent heard back from them yet lol

I’d say the Duster and Demon would be close enough for a car-cover match. In a few weeks my ‘71 will be covered for the season until Spring. I use an inexpensive one I got from Autozone a couple of years ago. I believe the name brand is “Budge”. Stored indoors. The cover is just that. Keeps dust off and breathable. Paid maybe $40-$50 for it. Fits good but not as form fitting as the California Cover I have on my B-Body car. The California cover is circled in red. The cheaper one on the Duster is in purple.
View attachment 1716002065
I have a cheap Budge for mine, but I only use it when I have something else in the shop, like now and I cannot keep Vixen in the shop. I put a tarp over it first, followed by the cover. Since Vixen's not painted, the tarp doesn't hurt anything. I do that because the cover is porous and Vixen's door seals leak. I always let it dry completely so it won't rot, and then put it back in the trunk.

I got one from California Car Covers. I got the one made of 100% Cotton, and it is beautiful. On special I paid like 300 and change

I have a cheap Budge for mine, but I only use it when I have something else in the shop, like now and I cannot keep Vixen in the shop. I put a tarp over it first, followed by the cover. Since Vixen's not painted, the tarp doesn't hurt anything. I do that because the cover is porous and Vixen's door seals leak. I always let it dry completely so it won't rot, and then put it back in the trunk.
Ever feel like you’re betraying a vehicle (like Vixen) when it’s been in the shop for sometime and then have to put it outside for a period? Almost like it’s being punished for something?

Even a couple of daily driver “turds” that I have I find myself too often sticking in the shop overnight here and there. It’s my way of trying to “slow” their inevitable decaying demise, by being sheltered from the elements.

I need help :lol:

Ever feel like you’re betraying a vehicle (like Vixen) when it’s been in the shop for sometime and then have to put it outside for a period? Almost like it’s being punished for something?

Even a couple of daily driver “turds” that I have I find myself too often sticking in the shop overnight here and there. It’s my way of trying to “slow” their inevitable decaying demise, by being sheltered from the elements.

I need help :lol:
Yup. Every time. lol

I have the cheaper brand covers for my vehicles and some dust will filter through. I put a sheet of thick poly over the car cover with small holes and slits so any moisture can still escape

Look at California Car covers. They have several versions of soft outdoor covers that offer good dust protection for a reasonable price. You don't need mirror pockets or added room for the Go Wing. I have a California Car cover on my 71 Challenger conv that has Rallye mirrors and a Go Wing and it fits just fine without the added pockets. I copied the link to 71 Duster covers, so hopefully that is what comes up. Good luck.

I have had this one on my Demon since 2009. Machine washable when it gets dirty.

7C43AC13-EE21-45A8-A263-C2E2B8AB8ABD.jpeg

Thanks guys, i dont mind spending good money but just not impressed the way covercraft is doing their business. I have been looking at coverking and california car cover. I do want the fitted cover that fits it tight. My demon is garage kept but would be nice to cover it just to help keep dust and pollen off of it especially when i have the garage open. also would like to prevent wandering eyes from other people that drive by

Finally got a email back from cover craft, they are going to honor the price that i was quoted at $523.90 + tax with free shipping. I called and placed the order, the woman was apologetic about the mix up and said she wasnt sure why she was so far off on her quote but she had talked with her supervisor and they approved it at the previously agreed price. Was weird though when i got the confirmation email today the total was for $540. Looked at the price breakdown and they charged $500 for the cover plus tax and free shipping. Idk why its $23.90 cheaper now lol. Doesnt seem like they know how much to charge lol. We will see how well it fits with the alterations to accommodate the wing

Surprise surprise look what showed up today. I was under the impression that it was going to be 3-4 weeks. Im pretty happy with the covercraft custom fit cover, they did a good job on adjusting for the rear go wing with the measurements i provided. The front is just a tad looser than i would like but all in all it fits great, snug but doesnt feel too tight.

456D40A4-1EBB-4316-8B73-B12E43854701.jpeg

36C17A70-E106-4208-87DA-0FF1C0A89BF7.jpeg

That looks real good. I have a California Cover on my Demon and I'm fairly happy with it.

-
Back