Best method for lowering my rear

-

96bansheepilot

Reaction score
I have a 72 Dart with an8.75 rear end. I have the super stock Springs that have been moved in board to mini tub the car. The car sits a little higher than I would like so I would like to lower the rear. Only about an inch and a half or two inches. What is the best method of doing this. Please look at the pictures that I am going to post. The Clearance in front of my tire is minimal. If I were to choose the upper rear bolt hole for my front leaf spring mount, it seems the shocks would go back into the gas tank and the shackles may hit the frame in the rear. Any suggestions?

1130161334.jpg

Try the upper front hole and see where it puts your tire. Those shackles look longer than stock too.

Which means you could drill another hole in those and get less height there also. :D
Upper hole on the front eyes and a new spot on the shackles ought to give you almost 1.5-2 inches.

The upper hole should do the trick. Did the same on mine. Check your pinion angle after you lower the rear, it will go up, possibly 3degrees.

-
Back