best way of setting roller lifters ??

-
The instructions I got with my hughes hydro roller lifters was to move the push rod up and down until all slack was taken out.
Tighten 1/2 turn.
I used to roll the pushrod w/ my fingers till the slack was out and then went 1/2 to 3/4 turns more. believe it or not, I went to a solid roller and it was quieter !

i got the hughes 5321 hyd. roller lifters and custom hughes cam for my turbo build. they state that their cams have fast ramps. i tried the method of setting lifters as per their instructions and found them to be what i thought was quite noisy.
i contacted hughes and was told to get 0 lash and then 1 full turn on the adjuster. did this and still think they are noisy. engine is efi so maybe some injector noise there as well.
also asked them how important it was to use the recommended 10w-30 oil. they said it was not that important but wouldn't use a 15-40 or 20-50. i am using 10-30 for now and is like water when up to temp. will change uo to 10-40 next oil change.

i got the hughes 5321 hyd. roller lifters and custom hughes cam for my turbo build. they state that their cams have fast ramps. i tried the method of setting lifters as per their instructions and found them to be what i thought was quite noisy.
i contacted hughes and was told to get 0 lash and then 1 full turn on the adjuster. did this and still think they are noisy. engine is efi so maybe some injector noise there as well.
also asked them how important it was to use the recommended 10w-30 oil. they said it was not that important but wouldn't use a 15-40 or 20-50. i am using 10-30 for now and is like water when up to temp. will change uo to 10-40 next oil change.

Let me know if using the 10-40 quiets them down

-
Back