Better Git to Pomona While You Can

-
I am willing to bet that this has nothing to do with California's anti-ICE policies. Nope, nothing to do with that. The fact that you will not be able to buy an ICE vehicle in the state by 2035 has nothing to do with it either, nope not at all. The fact that the "environmental-Nassis" are saying that eventually you will not be able to drive an ICE car in the cities of CA and that they may eventually outlaw their use in the state also has nothing to do with this. Welcome to the future...

I believe ( unfortunately ), that our car hobby has been on the chopping block for years. I haven't seen any jr. dragsters in years, not even soap box derby cars. The generation now is more interested in video games and computers. I think that some of the problem is that drag racing has gotten to expensive with all of the electronics and high tech products. The track in Madison Illinois is finally bringing back midnight madness for the young people to run their cars, I don't think that they shouldn't ever stop it but it might be a little to late. As I've said before and I hate to think about it but I don't think that in 10 years that ICE cars will be around unless they are in a museum I hope that I'm wrong.

I have raced at Pomona quite a bit, its about five miles from my house. I understood that Nhra had some sort of long term lease. That's why they dropped a bunch of money into a new tower, suites, and new stands on the opposite side of the track.
Oh well. No great loss, imo.
When nhra backstabbed the street legal racers, and bent over to the noise protester types, killed the street legal program to get an extra weekend to celebrate their 50th anniversary, I lost all respect and interest in the nhra. All those millions in updates, to use for two weekends a year. BFD.
Well, they closed AAA Fontana for no apparent reason too. I guess they want racing on the streets at 2 A.M. again.
Frankly, I'm looking forward to going with a friend who is gonna be racing no-prep on an abandoned airport with his 1200hp small tire car, MUCH more than any national event race at Pomona, even though I get into Pomona free.
Sorry about the long rant....

I believe ( unfortunately ), that our car hobby has been on the chopping block for years. I haven't seen any jr. dragsters in years, not even soap box derby cars. The generation now is more interested in video games and computers. I think that some of the problem is that drag racing has gotten to expensive with all of the electronics and high tech products. The track in Madison Illinois is finally bringing back midnight madness for the young people to run their cars, I don't think that they shouldn't ever stop it but it might be a little to late. As I've said before and I hate to think about it but I don't think that in 10 years that ICE cars will be around unless they are in a museum I hope that I'm wrong.
We have a ton at Gld every year.

The generation that passes as boys aint what they used to be. When, and if they get their driver's license, taking a car to the track is the last thing on their mind. No one is growing up to fill the void like years past.

The generation that passes as boys aint what they used to be. When, and if they get their driver's license, taking a car to the track is the last thing on their mind. No one is growing up to fill the void like years past.

Man ain't that the truth.... it amazes me how often I see a car in traffic being driven poorly to the point I expect to see an old oriental driver only to discover a twenty something male driving...

Screen Shot 2022-09-01 at 3.13.52 PM.png

-
Back