BEWARE of doing business with 340bird71

-
my posting said “beware of 340bird71.” My intention was to warn others of the problems my buddy had with him. Yes…. There were red flags, yes he should have looked closer BUT the thread is about a member listing something inaccurately. Accountability…
Clearly the item was misrepresented.

Ignore threadWatch

[ATTACH type="full" alt="340bird71"]1716129847[/ATTACH]

340bird71

Active Member​

JoinedNov 17, 2020Messages44Reaction score55LocationCentralia Illinois
Rating - 50%
1 1 0
Add Feedback
Contact seller
rebuilt fresh 72 340 long block bored .40 over j heads steel crank internally balanced and has comp xe284h cam and double roller timing chain, all arp bolts $1200

a833 4speed and aluminum small block bell housing $800 obo.

View attachment 1716129848

View attachment 1716129849
Oh I read the ad.

BTW

I showed the ad to my wife. She said no way she would drive 600 miles for that.

Let alone pay cash and take it home.

All you have in this life is your word and reputation make it right or crawl back into the the hole you came from no one here will trust him again

Head bolt was not missing, it was just sitting in there stripped. The oil plug was missing under the oil filter plate. Yep, we know where he lives. We are giving him the chance to make it right before taking further actions.
I think a Molotov cocktail on his favorite ride might be in order here.

:popcorn:I'm just going to wait for an explanation from the seller (if he shows up). There had to be some type of conversation between him and the buyer especially after looking at that engine close up. The seller knew that after a 600 mile drive the buyer wasn't going to walk away and once home with this gem, buyers remorse set in. Just my guess but still a shitty way to treat another person.

You know...

There are many members here who advertise parts as basically rust free.

Maybe on the east coast rust free means pockmarked and weighs 1/2 the weight of a comparable west coast part.

My point is one mans trash is another's jewel.

Just saying....

The netrual wire at the side of the house divides the 240 VAC into two 120 services. If the netrual wire is removed and the main ground wire too, every item in the house becomes 240 Volt. Refrig, TV's, computers.....

You know...

There are many members here who advertise parts as basically rust free.

Maybe on the east coast rust free means pockmarked and weighs 1/2 the weight of a comparable west coast part.

My point is one mans trash is another's jewel.
No, It means the rust you can clearly see on the car or part is Free, no extra charge :rolleyes: lol

The guy doesn't have the nads to respond on here he does it privately he has screwed one of our own I hope he starves to death before he ever sells anything on here again his answer is buyer beware well karma is a ***** and he will get his

Well he obviously doesn’t intend to come forward….. considering he has already changed his profile name

Resized_20230819_171241.jpeg

Well he obviously doesn’t intend to come forward….. considering he has already changed his profile name

View attachment 1716130143
I think he should go away before he ***** on someone else. I remember seeing some issues with him a few weeks back. Not sending parts and not communicating. Yep. he needs to go.

How about some input here from the buyer himself as to why he decided to go ahead with the purchase? Based on the photos posted with the ad I personally would have taken a hard pass. Did he negotiate a better than asking price by chance? I fully agree that the engine was not anything near the description stated in the ad, but...the photos are revealing.

bro, i'm all for a name and shame but posting somebody's personal info (phone #) on a public forum is kind of a bad look.

and while the chisme monster in me wants to know what the rest of that exchange looks like, as somebody who's definitely not played a lawyer on television, but has lawyerin' friends... putting a threat in text is not the greatest for a future that may need to contain plausible deniability....

It wasn’t a threat of physical violence so you can interpret it the way you determine best suites you. I deleted the post and didn’t realize the number would be visible. Here is the entire conversation without a number present

IMG_3057.jpeg

IMG_3058.jpeg

Well, I might be the lucky one around here. My transaction was a successful one. Communication definitely could have been more prompt. But all the keyboard warrior chest pumping, in the name of making sure someone else doesn't get burned, is ******* ridiculous. Your friend looked it over and still bought it. It sucks to drive all that way to come up empty handed, but, maybe that's what he should have done. He paid for it and hauled it away. End of transaction. Someone else mentioned buyer's remorse, sounds like your friend has a bad case of it. Tough ****. Still could have walked away. Let my roasting begin........

-
Back