BEWARE of Porch Pirates

-

DartGTDan

'71 Dart GT Fan
Reaction score
I purchased a used Federal power steering pump from a FABO member, TQFastFish. UPS sent me a notification, Sunday, that it was to be delivered Monday. I got home from work expecting to see the package. Not there. UPS said it was delivered at 11:37AM. BUMMED!!

Attachments

• danimage-648761210.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 581
Sad! But it that time of year out where I live this time of year I start having things delivered to work. Here's a tip for you to catch them might not work where you are though. Buy a Wild Game Camrea and stick it in a pile of leaves it only gets triggered when something moves by it. Helped my neighbor bust some guys who stoled some guns out of his house and he was a Police Officer! Have some other things you could do but NS for posting.

Sad! But it that time of year out where I live this time of year I start having things delivered to work. Here's a tip for you to catch them might not work where you are though. Buy a Wild Game Camrea and stick it in a pile of leaves it only gets triggered when something moves by it. Helped my neighbor bust some guys who stoled some guns out of his house and he was a Police Officer! Have some other things you could do but NS for posting.

+2 on the cameras. I have them and when they get triggered I get an email with a picture in high resolution. I know when packages are put on my porch and will know if they're taken. Won't stop them from stealing but I might be able to help the police catch them.

It probably got delivered at that time, but to another address. It has happened to my best friend a few times.

I've had a few packages delivered to the wrong address too, but more often by the post office. Most thieves won't be interested in a power steering pump so if it was stolen it'll probably get ditched. Take Doug 371's suggestion and check the garbage cans and ditches.

I'd track down the UPS truck that delivers to your neighborhood. The driver's usually the same route guy all the time. Probably just a mistaken delivery, meaning he dropped it at the wrong address by accident. I know my UPS driver just from him delivering to my house and he's awesome when it comes to this kind of thing.

I've found items placed in odd locations around my home that had been here 2 or 3 days.

I always get my neighbors packages. I guess my numbers aren't big enough to see as he walks by them...

I always get my neighbors packages. I guess my numbers aren't big enough to see as he walks by them...

I had a delivery driver throw my package (part) over the fence, in a neighbors yard across the street. I called ups or fedex , can`t remember which. the p.c. said it was delivered, they told me it was delivered. they called the driver, he said he put it on my back porch. I told them I don`t have a back porch, back yard was fenced, and there was a 124 pound rottweiler back there that would not have let him in the yard. I got to looking around for it and found it. let them hunt it for three days before I told them where I found it. dam drivers are liars too !

Agreed famous bob. I sent some electrical stuff to a member only to be informed he never got it. UPS said it was left next door. Only problem with that was there was no next door unless you count the squirrels nest in the tree near by.

Maybe it got left at a neighbor's door, that happened to me the other week, I went looking around and found my package.

File a complaint with UPS they will make the driver go out and look for it.

I have drove for UPS for 6 years and they really do this

It probably got delivered at that time, but to another address. It has happened to my best friend a few times.

Just had UPS at the door. The package was put onto another driver's truck. The driver found the package and took it back to be placed on the correct driver's truck.
My bad for blaming the Porch Pirates!

Dang you almost had a hanging and various other things presented. "But" Out where I live unfortunately starting about this time of year certain people of our society know that packages will start being delivered for Christmas. So these people will come onto your property and look for your packages. There is only one road in that leads in to over 100 houses so they just have to sit in one spot and wait for the delivery trucks to pass. Then they go after said delivery trucks and pick up behind them. Just an FYI

Man I had to deliver sums of cash to contractors overseas. I would hate to think about what would of happened if I was that poor in my delivery.

Glad you got it figured out!

-
Back