Beware, paypal scam

-

dart_man440

Mopar 4 Life
Reaction score
Just a little note to let you all know of a scam going around pertaining to paypal. I received an e-mail, from what appeared to be paypal, in the message the advised me that I needed to update all my personal information before May 20th, otherwise my account would be suspended. I had just updated my account last month so I thought that was a little strange. The compleate message appeared very professional with the paypal web page. I decided to call customer service and inquire about the e-mail. The customer service rep asked if I had provided any information and told him I had not replied to the message. He asked if the message started with my first and last name, which it didn't, it started with "dear valued customer" He advised me that it was a scam from someone fishing for personal information and requested a copy of the e-mail. He stated that paypal will never request that kind of information over the net and that all their e-mails wil start with first and last name of the customers account. He also advised not to click on any link in the message and to call them as soon as you received it. please be advised of the scam. I apologize for an extra long post.

Yea, I get these from time to time. I was told the same thing. Also every now & again, I will get an email from a so called ebay customer stating that i have been paid for the item & when was i going to ship it. If it is a legit question, it will show up in MY EBAY. Otherwise i just delete it. Got to watch out for them scammers!

I got the same e-mail. Twice I think.
I just delete all those e-mails from pay-pal.
It is odd that I had just edited my account also, within the last few weeks.

The same thing happens with ebay too. As a precaution whenever I get an email that whats to verify info from ebay or paypal or whatever I NEVER! use the link in the email, close the email and log-in direct to see if they really do need your info verified. You are safe if you log-in direct to check you account info.

-
Back