Big block 67 Fastback Barracuda Not Mine

-
Not a single 67 big block Barracuda part on there! So far the trunk trim and grilles are the only thing 67...

Not a single 67 big block Barracuda part on there! So far the trunk trim and grilles are the only thing 67...
Agree!

68 deluxe interior trim, 1969 console covers, 68-Dash pads, 68 383-S hood callouts, Marker lights etc..etc,..

Major alarm bells on this one!!

What it should look like.. other than I need to tempt fate and peel that '68 lower decal when the Wife's not looking ...lol
20240512_171740.jpg

It's running these. I've never bothered to check if they're correct. Factory manifolds ...
View attachment 1716249403

I believe the 67 383 Barracudas just had turn downs, no tips. 68-69 340s and 383s had chrome tips. And of course the 67 Commando 273s had the single cowbell tip/resonator.

Great color on your 67 by the way.

Only 67 383 cars had the turn downs with the half moon cutouts in the lower valance, no tips.

20200229_130601.jpg

And the slant six and 273 two barrel cars had a single half moon on the left side, like my original slant six 67 does.

View attachment 1716249557
I figured I could add a commando cut out to the thread for future searchers. I think the tail pipe is stock but the muffler was replaced in 1981, I have the receipt for that. It still has the Y pipe.

image.jpg

I think I have an oem commando cutout if need be?
Keep me in mind if you aren’t going to use it. The trunk extensions and drivers side quarter and obviously the valance are where all of the rot is on this one. I usually don’t go for cars that need metal work but I couldn’t let this one go.

That dark blue one sure is pretty, even though it may be a Frankenstein…

In the cars defense...

The hood is a 67, 68s had holes for the hood mounted turn lights.
You can see the vin tag on the a pilar
The car has the 67 only vent window locks.
Radio with knobs.

When the 68s came out my grandfather thought about adding the round marker lights.

Good car as-is, anybody wanting a 67 383 has work to do to correct this one and the poor restoration details (painted strikers, washer squirters...)
The body stampings and data tag will tell all.

Alan

In the cars defense...

The hood is a 67, 68s had holes for the hood mounted turn lights.
You can see the vin tag on the a pilar
The car has the 67 only vent window locks.
Radio with knobs.

When the 68s came out my grandfather thought about adding the round marker lights.

Good car as-is, anybody wanting a 67 383 has work to do to correct this one and the poor restoration details (painted strikers, washer squirters...)
The body stampings and data tag will tell all.

Alan
Alan, the 68 Hood mounted signal indicators were an option so hoods were produced without the holes.

I did not know the 67 vent windows were the only year with locks!

Alan, the 68 Hood mounted signal indicators were an option so hoods were produced without the holes.

I did not know the 67 vent windows were the only year with locks!
I cannot say I'm an expert but every 68 that I looked at for this had the holes even without the lights, I do not see them having two different hoods for this.
The 67s angle up then back, 68 and later straight back.

Alan

I cannot say I'm an expert but every 68 that I looked at for this had the holes even without the lights, I do not see them having two different hoods for this.
The 67s angle up then back, 68 and later straight back.

Alan
Hi Alan,

My 68 Cuda has the original hood.

It may have cutouts in the substructure for them but definitely not in the surface sheetmetal.

Here a pic of a 1968 383 Formula S hood.

1715700641710.png

1715700705734.png

-
Back