Big block 67 Fastback Barracuda Not Mine

-
1967 Plymouth Barracuda | eBay Is this car supposed to have the v eight badge and the formula s logo on the front fender? I have seen them with and without the v eight badge but always with the formula s badging on both front fenders
It should have Formula S badges and 383 four barrel badges on each fender. It should not have the rectangular V8 badge as well, like this one does on the driver's side fender.

Vent window locks? My 67 has vent window levers, no locks. So does my 69.

The 67's had that funky chrome plastic trim on the windshield and rear window, 68 and 69 had stainless steel, but it's easy enough to convert to the later setup with new window gaskets and the 68-69 stainless trim. Plus a few clips. I know because I converted mine back in the late eighties. Looks like this example has the later stainless trim.

The 67 doors had vents at the lower rear. My 69 doesn't and I'm not sure about 68, since I've never owned one. This one has the door vents.

I'm thinking this is actually a 67 Barracuda. Factory 383? Can't tell, but it certainly is not dressed out correctly. (Radiator is not correct, either.)

The 67's had that funky chrome plastic trim on the windshield and rear window, 68 and 69 had stainless steel, but it's easy enough to convert to the later setup with new window gaskets and the 68-69 stainless trim. Plus a few clips. I know because I converted mine back in the late eighties. Looks like this example has the later stainless trim.

The 67 doors had vents at the lower rear. My 69 doesn't and I'm not sure about 68, since I've never owned one. This one has the door vents.

I'm thinking this is actually a 67 Barracuda. Factory 383? Can't tell, but it certainly is not dressed out correctly. (Radiator is not correct, either.)
It's definitely a conglomeration of different year parts. I actually like it for what it is. It seems overpriced considering its a hodge podge of different year melted together but it's still a nice ride. I think it's a 67 as well. This car is a perfect example of why fender tags are so important.

Yep, that comment had me questioning my Wife's that I've been over fairly seriously to tell that it's never really been blown apart.

20240514_135324.jpg
20240514_135307.jpg

The VIN in the add is for a Fastback 383 '67, just don't see a pic of it.
BH29H7

I like it, you put on it what you can find/afford and move on.
45k I want the 4th white letter though.

Lock, latch, catch, pull, lever... call it what you want. As for the hood, I guess I should have been specific, yes just the inner panel would have the access hole for the light on the 68 hoods.

67.jpg

1968+
68.jpg

Alan

GM had window cranks for some vent windows, iirc later, 70s (?), larger Mopars too!

There are actually mopar models and years that you have to push in a button to unlock the vent lever... what threw us all off..
My 49 Dodge has a little thumbwheel you have to unscrew to allow you to move the vent lever and open the wing vent. And my 56 Plymouth and 59 Dodge have the button you have to push to unlock the vent lever.

But I don't recall ever noticing that the 67 Barracuda's lever is different than the 69's. Thx for the pic Cuda Al.

Hi guys, my two cents on this 67. It looks to me that it is a 67 due to the VIN, tail lights, backup lights, truck trim, grills, doors (with 67 locking levers) and door handles. The hood inserts appear to be 68 but I really can't be sure. I think the car has had both rear quarters and both front fenders replaced with 68 pieces. Probably the hood too. Good interior shots would also help be sure.

I have had several 67, 68 & 69 Barracudas over the years and just about everything is interchangeable between them. Still, I think the VIN is correct but the restoration used the wrong year parts.

I remember this car being for sale a few years ago and questions being asked about all of the obvious deviations of the car. The one reply that I recall was that they liked the '68 marker lights so they were installed. May not be the same owner now putting it up for sale.

-
Back