big block b headers in a body?

-

jwatkins

Reaction score
i heard u can use b body big block headers in a A body with a little messaging? I currently working on a bigblock 383 duster project but nearly lost my lunch on the 1200.oo price tag for tti headers any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for the info mopar7172 i am going to get some b body headers and ballpein away

Save yourself the hassle and the forever clearance issues. Spend many hundred less than TTI and buy Schumacher's Tri Y's. Top quality product, install with the engine in place, no smashing with a hammer, lots of room for the starter, fits great with power steering. First headers I've owned that didnt leak.
I have a buddy that runs them in his 74 Dart Swinger with 383 and power steering, and I have them in my 69 Barracuda with 440 and power steering. You will not be dissapointed.

Thanks for all the input and will look into those headers . How much do they run $$$$?

there's deals to be found too- like Craigslist- Bought a used set that is coated for $300 and 2 or 3 weeks ago there was a set that sold for $200!! Just have to watch.

Thanks for the help everyone looks like i will go with the schumachers instead of mickey
mouse hammer jobs

jwatkins,
The best advice I can give you is to buy the part you need.
All the advice here is good,but with out knowing more about your build it would be hard to say which header is best for your build.
I have Schmacher's,Super comp's,$1200 tti's and the lowly Headman B-body headers in my car's.

The car's range from 11 sec cars to a 9.25 car.
Buy the part for your build.

Iam building a duster with a 383 727 auto 83\4 rear with 456 gears.The motor has a purple shaft cam 915 heads and a eddy intake.I have 650holley double pumper but i think i need a 750 double. I am basicaly trying to put a decent street car on a tight budget and i dont even know the specs of the cam or the intake.I just the got the tranny rebuilt with a stage two transgo shift kit and a tci 3000 stall converter and now i am saving for headers.This car will be no show car .

-
Back