Big block BDS blower and A/C?

-

kjunhemi

Reaction score
Is anyone running A/C on their big block with a BDS blower system. If so I need some info on what brackets and or pulleys to use. Any help will be appreciated.

We ordered this setup for the blown 512 project. They sell the necessary Sanden compressors also.

http://www.bpeusa.com/BPE4715.asp

View attachment Capture.JPG

This is what it says:

This New A/C Compressor Mounting Bracket Allows you to Use Your Factory NON-A/C Pulleys and Your Factory NON-A/C Alternator Mounting Brackets. When using this A/C Bracket, you Can Not Use a Mechanical Fuel Pump, you Must Use an Electric Fuel Pump. This NEW A/C Compressor Mounting Bracket Kit Will Work On B/RB/Crate Hemi Engines without Mechanical Fuel Pump and Aluminum or Cast Iron Water Pump Housings with Drivers Side Lower Radiator Hose Inlet.

I don't know how else you could mount a compressor other than below. The blower tends to be in the way. We're planning on the alternator on one side and the power steering pump on the other.

Great let me know how it turns out. I checked out the BPE setup just looking for someone who has already used it before I attempt to put it in my car.

Great let me know how it turns out. I checked out the BPE setup just looking for someone who has already used it before I attempt to put it in my car.

I bought the BPE setup and I was not impressed at all.......

Can you elaborate as to what left you unimpressed, please? Thanks!

there were a lot of small spacers, parts and the directions, to me anyway were not good. I was looking at it after I installed it for the 3RD time and it didn't line up with the crank pulley. It was frustrating for sure, but it may have been just me. My 2 cents

-
Back