Big Block fenderwell headers? Proparts?

-

mycuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This may be Dejavu for some.

Set up: 67 cuda front motor plate, 060" over 383 open chamber steel heads, solid lift cam >290/ 580 lift cam.
12:1 compression, geardrive, steel crank, TRW siliconed pistons, Tunnel ram 2- 600cfm Holley mech. secondary, holley fuel pump, 100-150 shot nitrous. 8 3/4 .410 suregrip.
727 man. valve body, 3500 stall. Street car. Built this in 1991 still kickin.

I need real feedback on Proparts semi- fenderwell headers.

I currently have Hooker supercomp BB fenderwell headers.
One pipe is rotting out do to condensation/coolant/bolt leak over time.

Happy with performance but Dont want to spend $600 every 5 years.

Has to be 2" pipes minimum 40" not to hinder performance.

Thanks well in advance.

used pro parts on a few cars over the years. good quality header that you didn't have to cut the hell out of your car to fit.

used pro parts on a few cars over the years. good quality header that you didn't have to cut the hell out of your car to fit.

Yes, you can install them with the engine bolted in place. My only complaint was the slip on collectors weren't much fun

Yes, you can install them with the engine bolted in place. My only complaint was the slip on collectors weren't much fun

collectors weren't too bad. secret was to leave the tubes loose at the heads (think the driver side ya had to tighten the center two because you couldn't get to them afterwards) then slide the collector on, then tighten the tubes at the heads.

Demonmotor.jpg

Thanks for info. I like the look better and It seems engine compartment
temperature would decrease as well.

Josh (72scamptramp) has pro parts on his car. Maybe you could ask him how he likes his.

I have the 2 1/8" on mine and I love them. They are not very 4 speed friendly unless you run a hydraulic clutch though.

You can do a whole lot worse having to deal with someone other than Bob. Simply a great guy to do business with.

I've ran these on two different cars. Overall I think they are great. But I wasn't fond of the way the collectors rode. They are a little low and not equal distance from the ground. But I would and will use them again.

Got em on my Duster, like em a lot. As far as the collectors go just get a couple of large hose clamps and pull em together then start the collector on.

Attachments

• 2014-04-01 09.02.05.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 433
Only problem I really had with them is on #4 (I think) with straight plug heads, the spark plug is real close to the tube. Kept burning plug boots till I went to Rajah clips on it.

We are mocking up a set of his 2-1/8 headers on a 73 Scamp with a 440/493 conversion, we are using the A/R engine plate, initial mockup was ok, may need a little massaging of the tubes, we definitely had to open up the fenders larger than the templates given. We will be setting motor in again over the next week or so, our motor is also using the raised port Edelbrock Victor 440 max wedge heads which pose more issues ! I'll try to post some pics..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 474
Another pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 532
340 kid: your gonna need a pretty good scoop to clear that intake !

Yes - that's next weeks issue, fitting the lift off Aero hood and getting all the zero turn fasteners located and installed.. The fun never ends !

-
Back