big block six pack on 408

-

TheDeputy

Reaction score
Hi gang,

I have a chance to buy a complete set of six pack carbs which came from a 383. I would like to install it on the mild 408 I'm building.
I'm assuming the center carb is a big block piece, which shold be 500 cfm.
Will these carbs fit on the small block six pack intake?
Will the cfm's be overkill or suit the engine fine?

Thanks,

Antoon

Attachments

• $(KGrHqVHJE!FDNzNCzipBQ6bBMOssw~~60_84.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 304
  • $T2eC16J,!)UE9s3wBnBoBQ6bCuq5v!~~60_84.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 295
I'm no six PAC expert but from everything i know it should fit fine as for to much carb with the tuning right it'll run great my 360 ran a 850 Carter no problem

six pack carbs are 500cfm on the ends (380 center BB / 350 center SB)

Thanks for the correction. Than it shouldn't be a problem since a 408 has more cubes than the 383 it came from.

How much difference is there between the automatic carbs and the ones for a four speed? My car is a four speed and the donor car an automatic.

Thanks,

Antoon

The carbs are identical aside from air bleeds and jetting. I ran small block carbs on my 440 for years. The only thing you have to remember is they will need to be tuned for the new engine, and do yourself a favor and invest in the ProMax billet jet plate kits for them.

Six Pack carbs are rated 1200+cfm's but 2bbl and 4bbl carb are rated different from one another if six pack rated at 4bbl 1.5 it would be around 900cfm's.

Well, I bought the set. It's complete and also includes the mopar performance six pack air cleaner with the rare CA 332 V air cleaner element.
I paid 1000 euro for it, which is about 1300$.

Not too bad concidering it's only an hour drive away.

Antoon

You could go tbi or mpfi too, unless you want the challenge of keeping 3 carbs in sync.

I never run away from challenges:wink::wink:

Antoon

-
Back