Big Scoops.. (Harwood)

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
For the folks that run a big scoop, Any pics?

How far dose your carb stick up through the hood?

Im gonna transplant a 440 with a victor intake and a 2" super sucker into my dart an wonder just how far it will be sticking up??

What do you folks like to run on top of the carb? Id like to run a single stack but im not sure who makes em?

Whats the benefits of open back scoops VS closed back? I like the thought of a open back so if theres a fire ill see it quickly.

anyone plate mount their scoop?

Thanks again for your time and advice.

Because of the Mopar Drag Pak Intake and Dominator carb:

This comes out of the hood about 5", so I use this 7 1/4" Harwood scoop:

DAM, Thats an intake, I like it!

What do you run on top of your carb?

Whats the part number on that scoop and is it open back or closed?

Thanks for the reply and nice car!

like I said before you get half a point, 2 points cuz i like your car and minus 2 points for the chevy cowl, plus .5 for your scoop pointing the correct way...

:poke:

cough, ehem, i see the one person to respond has a pic lifting the front and you have a pic in a parking lot...

:rofl:

Racing section, not parking lot section....

GET SOME!

and yeah i saw your post on your first run....

Last edited:
like I said before you get half a point, 2 points cuz i like your car and minus 2 points for the chevy cowl, plus .5 for your scoop pointing the correct way...

:poke:

cough, ehem, i see the one person to respond has a pic lifting the front and you have a pic in a parking lot...

:rofl:

Racing section, not parking lot section....

GET SOME!

and yeah i saw your post on your first run....
Damn!!!

Nothing looks better than a cowl scoop and you could see if you had a fire . I had a six pack on my Demon and I hated it.

Demon 2 001.jpg

The original poster said he wanted to see in the back of his scoop!!!!!!!!!

say what you will and ill say what i want. its may car, and its gonna be fast and quick...

Thanks again for the time and advice.

What you mean by single stack on top of carb? Your not meaning something like a hilborn air scoop? Dont believe I ever heard that one. Or maybe I did and just forgot.....

DAM, Thats an intake, I like it!

What do you run on top of your carb?
: nothing. There is definitely no room for an air cleaner in my case. some guys will fab a wire mesh over the carb. Most just leave it open for racing purposes.

Whats the part number on that scoop and is it open back or closed?
It is closed back, Harwood #4166

I think nhra frowns upon flow thru hood scoops. best check the rule book.

Big Scoops. Here is a pic of my car when i had a 500 with a 2" adapter and a 1050 dom. I was on motor plates and the engine was set pretty low. The carb stuck half in and half out of the hood. I was going to run a throttle stop so i needed the extra room for that and an air filter.
This issue with big scoops besides being hard to see around is that they really only have a mechanical advantage if the car has big mph and you have the camber volume set correctly. For most cars a big scoop is there to cover tall engine parts. Not all ideas are good one.
Cuda.jpg

-
Back