Big worms here in Florida

-

RAT ROD AL

MOPAR ARCHAEOLOGIST - one parts hoard at a time!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This is not far from where I live. Holy chit ! I ain't goin out at night

FB_IMG_15619181158829694.jpg

:elmer:I remember reading something a couple of years ago that much to the tree hugger's dismay it was "Open Season. No Bag Limit" on Pythons. :rofl:Me, I like snakes, but that size takes the fun out of it. They're not part of Florida's ecosystem. It's not bad BBQed, quite tasty :lol:.

View attachment 1715361722

TARGET PRACTICE FOR SURE !
I came home day before yesterday , and my Rottweiler was making the rott. sound only rotts make, he turned his attention to me when I got out of the truck, then went back to the side door and he started it again. I knew something was there , he had a water moccasin cornered by the door , it was trying to get in the house . No sense in telling of it`s death any farther .
Sure wasn`t anywhere as big as the python !

View attachment 1715361722

Something's going on down there. We have a place on the canals in Port Charlotte just across the bridge from Punta Gorda. Last two years have been a lot more snakes around and last year we had a 4' alligator in the canal for the first time ever. Seen porpoises and manatees before but never a gator and the family has owned it since 1952. I think they are running from the liberals in Miami....

Lord almighty! Snakes dont bother me that much...within reason, nothing "reasonable" about that one!
Saw a snake show a couple weeks back and the snake hunters were using a drone at night and a FLIR camera. Caught one same size as that one. Cant remember whether Louisiana or Florida, not native to the area and invasive as all hell...epidemic basically.

There's a new show on cable called Guardian of the Glades, biggest bunch of backwoods swampbillies you ever saw. 2 episodes and couldn't take any more.
They are out there catching these snakes.

I heard they hired some dude from India, who was one of them snake charmers, to come help round up pythons in FL. It didn't take him long to figure out that the snakes were so big.....he had to trade his snake charming flute for a tuba! :eek:

My dad was in Africa during the war and a team of trappers came into their camp for the night. They had a wild hog in a cage they had captured. During the night a Boa came into the camp and killed and swallowed the hog but could get back out of the cage so they took the snake back to the zoo instead.

There's a new show on cable called Guardian of the Glades, biggest bunch of backwoods swampbillies you ever saw. 2 episodes and couldn't take any more.
They are out there catching these snakes.

I couldn`t even watch one , didn`t try after seeing the commercial for it. Much like the "team" idiots hunting bigfoot .

Now if the Big Foot Hunters would actually run into a Big Foot and get their asses tore up once in awhile, they might have a good show. Lol.

-
Back