Bigger tie-rods for my 66 Dart

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
I,m going to be doing some frontend/suspension upgrades to my 66 Dart race car over the winter months,so I want to start gathering stuff ahead of time so it,s here when I decide to start on it.Here,s what I want to do...
Adj.struts with hyme joints(RMS)
Tubular A-arms(RMS)and already have QA-1 12 way adj.shocks
LCA bushings
I,d like to change my tie-rods to the bigger ones for strength and use aluminum sleeves.What tie-rods can I use for added strength?The new tubular UCA will have the bigger ball joints already and my disc spindles are from a 73 Dart.What bigger tie-rod ends will fit the spindle and centerlink(draglink)or will I just have to use 73 stock ones?Thanks for any help or any advise to point me in the right direction.

Here are the Moog part #'s for the larger C-Body tie rods. Sounds like the 66 is gonna be faster........:cheers:

ES352R / Outers

ES355RL / Inners

ES355S / Sleeves (not aluminum though)

Thanks for the links and part #,s guys and gal.Cheryl,next time I see you in chat,I,ll fill you in on what I,m doing.Have a nice day.:-D

I have my front suspension apart for rebuild on my 65 valiant. Never gave much thought to the strength of the parts. I have never broken any parts in the past on lots of 40+ year old a bodies. In fact it's my understanding that the Hemi superstock cars have to use the small upper ball joint to be class legal.

Is there really a need to upgrade the size of the factory parts?

I have my front suspension apart for rebuild on my 65 valiant. Never gave much thought to the strength of the parts. I have never broken any parts in the past on lots of 40+ year old a bodies. In fact it's my understanding that the Hemi superstock cars have to use the small upper ball joint to be class legal.

Is there really a need to upgrade the size of the factory parts?
My 66 Dart has come along way from being stock with 6 cyl. 13 inch tires on a 7 1/4 rearend.It now has a 410/904 built for racing,also a shortened 8 3/4 with spool and Strange axels.Zandful,have you looked at your 40yr old LCA bushings lately?I bet they,re mush and hanging out.When I got my 66 Dart,it still had all the factory frontend parts,brake lines and such.LOL.I,m upgrading to handle the added weight,torque and HP that is being thrown at the whole car in a split second.I,d hate to launch(wheels up)and come down to a broken part.I,d surely wreck the car and maybe even get hurt.This is why I,m doing upgrades to my RACE car.:-D

so i see that we have the 11/16 size tie rods listed for the up grade and adjusting sleeves but i don't see the fix for the center link. stock size is 9/16 so does one need to enlarge the center link hole to 11/16 or get a c body link?
thanks
terry

so i see that we have the 11/16 size tie rods listed for the up grade and adjusting sleeves but i don't see the fix for the center link. stock size is 9/16 so does one need to enlarge the center link hole to 11/16 or get a c body link?
thanks
terry

No, the 11/16" refers to the size of the tie rod shank that threads into the sleeve.

-
Back