Billet pulleys

-
been wondering the same thing, they look nice !

I bought a crank pulley from them, great looking piece. I ended up sending it back b/c I decided not to the the underdrive route.

is that a stock size or an under drive kit they don't say in the description , if they fit and line up that is a great deal

their crank pulley is 5.2" in diameter. so it is a little bit under driven...i think the stock crank pulley is around 6 inches in diameter...

Anybody happen to know if there are any SB/BB pulleys that are the same as a slant 6 ???

CVF makes very nice, high quality pieces in my experience....and they're substantially less $ than the March competitors. They are slightly underdriven and i asked their customer service a few questions and the responses were clear concise and quick i will be purchasing a set shortly:mrgreen:

What is the negative, if any, on running underdriven pulleys? Alt voltages, cooling issues maybe?

Depends/ If the motor idles for long periods it might run a little hotter, when I used one I just left the T-stat out and it knock 10 degrees off--I know that is a no--no but it works for me

I used one cause it was throwing the ps belt over 6,000 once in awhile--not every time. The ps pulley was off angle a tad and sightly bent, seen a used crank pulley on ebay and problem solved expect at these back to back 1 minute red lights was have around here the temp was creeping up, so out went the T-stat and down went the coolant temp--my guess is the water flowed quicker with the hole wide open

CVF makes very nice, high quality pieces in my experience....and they're substantially less $ than the March competitors. They are slightly underdriven and i asked their customer service a few questions and the responses were clear concise and quick i will be purchasing a set shortly:mrgreen:

i agree. very nice pieces and not nearly as expensive as march.
i bought some for my buddy's valiant and was pretty happy, they even look cooler than the march set i have on my car.

Got my new brackets today , I'll probably get them on and the water pump swapped this weekend , they look so good in the box I should have bought the pullies to match Doh !

^ pics man post up some pics ! lol i signed up on their email list and facebook page hoping for a coupon of some kind as i'm almost ready for a new pulley set.

decided to go in to work for some OT so I won't get to them till tomorrow at the earliest but I'll try to get some pics up after it's done .

well I guess it's time to find out how they stand behind their product , there a key piece that is no where near big enough to work doh.

... if they fit and line up that is a great deal
That is a big question. Since they say 70+, must only work with an aluminum water pump, which sticks out ~1" further than the earlier cast-iron one. Even then, I understand the crank dampers vary in thickness, both stock and after-market. I think the pulleys also came in many variations whether AC, pwr steering, etc.

I got a billet aluminum crank pulley (3 groove) and water pump (short 1 groove) off ebay, a bit cheaper, for my 65 SB. I didn't use the crank one since couldn't get it to fit. But my combo is unique too w/ the later aluminum water pump. Just make sure you can return the parts.

yes they are designed for 70 up water pumps , the real issue is the power steering pump because each of the 4 different pumps available use a different bracket but CVFs setup works with 3 of the 4 the exception being the Saginaw pump that doesn't have the lower right stud/mounting hole ,my car has the TRW pump which you can only get a bracket for the pre 70 pump, until now that is ,the CVF set works fine I just had to rob the spare 0.20 bushing from the alternator kit to slip between the pump and the front bracket at the bolt that goes through the adjustment slot . the problem is with the adjuster turn buckle they use being way to short . but as I said above we`ll see how they are with customer service now . Other than the small things mentioned this is a very good looking set up I wish I had sprung for the pulleys to match now .

PS for those like me who don`t know this -the timing cover bolts you remove / replace with the PS pump pivot bracket bolts are into the water jacket of the block so be prepared to get your feet wet DOH lol

Well I just checked my email and Nate from CVF has explained the problem and acknowledged he put the wrong part in my kit and promised to send out the proper one right away , pretty good service I would say since my email to him was sent last night at 1 am his time 10 pm PST my time and he`s back to me already and on a Sunday even:thumblef:

PS I mentioned he had some FABO guys waiting for coupons when I thanked him for responding so fast

-
Back