Billet Specialties

-

63SplitWindow

Reaction score
I purchased a full set of street lites for my 73 Dart Sport. I discovered today that the center caps don't fit over my front rotor centers. I called Billet Specialties and they offer no other sizes of center caps. Also, I did try the 1/2" extension between the wheel and the center cap....still no good. Anybody overcome this issue?

Thanks,
Bill

Reading reviews on Summits site, a BS tech mentioned a "cap spacer" and a specific part number for it to address this very issue. Guy was working on a Camero.....don't know if it was only for specific wheels or not.

Than
Reading reviews on Summits site, a BS tech mentioned a "cap spacer" and a specific part number for it to address this very issue. Guy was working on a Camero.....don't know if it was only for specific wheels or not.
Yes....that is the 1/2" spacer I tried. Looks like I need another 1/2" to clear hub

The Barracuda Todd and I just finished has billet specialties. The caps fit with shallow dust covers. 73 brakes but they may be different wheels.

100_0129.JPG

The Barracuda Todd and I just finished has billet specialties. The caps fit with shallow dust covers. 73 brakes but they may be different wheels.

View attachment 1716031136

View attachment 1716031136
They look like the same style wheels Is that the sbp setup on that car? Maybe thats the difference.
The issue for me is the diameter of the hub is about 1/8" to big for the caps. Any idea what size hubs you have there?

Take your spacer to a mcachine shop and have them make a couple for custom size you need.

They look like the same style wheels Is that the sbp setup on that car? Maybe thats the difference.
The issue for me is the diameter of the hub is about 1/8" to big for the caps. Any idea what size hubs you have there?
Large bolt pattern. 1973 disc brake rotors and spindles

BTW - Nice looking Barracuda. Owned a 68 340 4 speed Formula S in my youth. Pulled the motor and trans for another car and junked a perfectly good body.....UGGHHHH!!
What's the drivetrain in yours?

Have someone cut down the edges of the hub. It doesn't take much, sorry that I don't have a picture of mine.

Yeah.....looked at that. I will probably need to pop out the lugs for that. My buddy is a machinist and will be weighing in on it tonight to see what he thinks would be easiest to cut.

OK.....I think I have the issue solved. The front hub measures 2.800 and the center caps are 2.750. I gave them to my buddy to open them up to a bit over 2.800 and should be good to go. In the meantime, I couldn't wait for the caps to return before putting on the new wheels. I think they look better that the Cragar polished aluminum solid wheels.

20230114_121503 (1).jpg

20230114_121534.jpg

-
Back