Birth of the Blue Missile

-
I got a shipment of plumbing supplies in and got a chance today to find locations for things. Prop valve across from the master cylinder and will be plumbed with braided lines in stead of hard lines just between the two.
Got the accumulator in place, when raising the inner fender this was accounted for, I ended up with a whopping 1/4" clearance from the hood at the front of the unit. I still also have room for the by-pass filter in the corner.
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000201.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 579
  • WP_000200.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 580
  • WP_000199.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 573
Made my first braided hoses today. I was also forced to invent a new tool to put the bent ends together. Sort of a socket affair that goes over the entire fitting. Anyway here is the oil filtration circuit minus the Franz filter.
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000202.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 542
Here is the Hydroboost/power steering circuit plumbed in 6AN liones.
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000203.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 534
  • WP_000204.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 522
Thanks guys,
RJ did his in hard line and I have looked at the pics and its such a gorgeous job. I took the easier route with braided line, In spite of the large amount of "how hard it is to make hoses" talk I have heard.
Andrew

ive been lurking this thread for almost a year now and its so cool to see this coming together Andrew ! looking great , i cant wait to see the motor going in ... your attention to detail is outstanding !

Made my first braided hoses today. I was also forced to invent a new tool to put the bent ends together. Sort of a socket affair that goes over the entire fitting. Anyway here is the oil filtration circuit minus the Franz filter.
Andrew

Andrew, it may just be the angle of the picture but is your hood going to be able to close......

OMM,
as with any new thing,it still needs some thought. I discovered it does not work on 22* and 45* fittings. Straight and 90*+ fittings in all sizes are covered. one tool for each size. Ive made both 6AN & 8AN.
in the mean time I got the oil cooler plumbed in and the NOS hood release cable installed.
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000205.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 458
  • WP_000206.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 470
I got it from Summit. it has 1/2" NPT inlet and outlet. Purely based on the available space.
As far as the tranny cooler goes its a B&M cooler, but Ill be running it after the built in one in the radiator. From there through a cylindrical aluminum heat sink style cooler then back to the tranny.
Andrew

I got it from Summit. it has 1/2" NPT inlet and outlet. Purely based on the available space.
As far as the tranny cooler goes its a B&M cooler, but Ill be running it after the built in one in the radiator. From there through a cylindrical aluminum heat sink style cooler then back to the tranny.
Andrew

are you gonna run rubber hose to your cooler and back?

All hoses are double stainless braided and this application will be run in 6AN.
Speedway is your cheapest source.
Andrew

I like this! When I get to this point on my '72, I'll either fly you to Phoenix or ship the Duster to you....Okay?

DarTT, you can buy after market Alum. rads with tranny coolers in them.
In the meantime here is a pic of the tool. I worked out the one issue, and will look into having them cast in hardened aluminum for AN sizes 4,6,8,10.
I have started to put the lightweight filler on the car and block it. This was go-round #3 on the front fenders. OH MY GOD I HAVE TO DO THIS TO THE ENTIRE CAR!!!!!!!!!
I saw someone on this site quaff at the price for a really good paint job. Write the damn check, or do all of this work yourself! This is over whelming!
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000213.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 401
  • WP_000209.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 407
  • WP_000207.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 398
DarTT, you can buy after market Alum. rads with tranny coolers in them.
In the meantime here is a pic of the tool. I worked out the one issue, and will look into having them cast in hardened aluminum for AN sizes 4,6,8,10.
I have started to put the lightweight filler on the car and block it. This was go-round #3 on the front fenders. OH MY GOD I HAVE TO DO THIS TO THE ENTIRE CAR!!!!!!!!!
I saw someone on this site quaff at the price for a really good paint job. Write the damn check, or do all of this work yourself! This is over whelming!
Andrew
i put quite a bit of research into the best fitting aluminum radiator for my truck. unfortunately it doesn't have a transmission cooler built it so I am gonna get an aftermarket one.

The Hoodoplasty has started. The blocking on the front fenders and doors is 90% done, only very minor spots left and will handle with a glazing coat.
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000217.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 344
  • WP_000218.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 343
Got the linkage pieces for the scoop fabbed. Im using two Fragiele 2" actuators.
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000219.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 611
  • WP_000220.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 612
  • WP_000221.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 619
-
Back