Black headrest in green interior

-

killnine

Reaction score
So my '70 Duster with EF4 green interior, and a split bench has the pill shaped black and chrome headrests. The rest of the bench is the EF4 green with kind of a lighter beige color as well. Did the PO put some random black headrests in, or would this be correct somehow?

Sounds like they were changed- need pics. A can of SEM should solve the problem

normal_20140221_170450.jpg

IF you happen to know where I might get some SEM that matches that EF4 green I would be forever grateful.

if you look at them closely they appear to be ef8 green not black. ef8 green would be correct for your seats

Looks like the seat needs more than recolored. What's the plan? In your pic the seat looks black and headrest brown, so not sure what the colors started as. I did try to search SEM colors, and they are a bit lacking in greens. I did see one deep green in the marine colors.

this might help you from the looks of that seat it appears to be a low trim grade the tops and bottom edges were ef8 along with the head rests the center sections are ff4. SEM does have interior dyes but I have yet to find the correct one.

if you look at them closely they appear to be ef8 green not black. ef8 green would be correct for your seats

Sorry about the confusion. I got my letters all mixed up. Anyhow, the actual interior is F8 Ivy Green, and the seats are L2F8 (beige and ivy green). The outside is F4. The headrests are definitely black, or some shade of it. If there is any green in them I don't see it, despite what the picture might look like. I don't really care about how it would have been stock, so I guess where I'm at is to find a die that would come close to F8. The rest of the seats are pretty much junk but the headrests are good enough. I'll probably recover the seats themselves at some point if I can find something I can die or close enough in color.

I bought some interior paint from Herbs Parts online that correctly matches the interior F8 color on my Dart, and sprayed some black headrests I had and they came out like factory.

The weird thing is the actual color compared to color charts is a better match to the F8 Forrest Green that was available for Plymouth in 72, rather than this ivy green that Plymouth had in 70. Ivy Green seems way to light to match this color. Oh well. I can see that it is near impossible to find a vinyl dye in these colors, at least easily. I think I'll have to probably do some kind of mixing of my own to get it right, or just keep my eyes open for the proper color headrests. Or maybe just do the seats in black covers.

I bought some interior paint from Herbs Parts online that correctly matches the interior F8 color on my Dart, and sprayed some black headrests I had and they came out like factory.

Thanks for that. Looks like they might have something close. That dark metallic green for 1970 maybe.

-
Back