black plastic kick panel resto?

-

evil 340

Reaction score
has anybody ever successfully cleaned up black plastic kick panels-WITHOUT PAINT?
i pulled the kick panels out of my demon and they re in pretty good shape but have some lite scuffs where they are smooth and shiny. i tried to wet sand them( from 1500 all the way down to 3000) and polish them up with compound, glaze, wax, and even "back to black" polish. nothing seems to bring back the shine. i ve never encountered this with plastic before. usually you can polish them up and they look new. not these kick panels for some reason. must be the type of plastic they re made of. i d rather not paint them, but if someone out there hasn t done it...i might have to. thanks in advance.

has anybody ever successfully cleaned up black plastic kick panels-WITHOUT PAINT?
i pulled the kick panels out of my demon and they re in pretty good shape but have some lite scuffs where they are smooth and shiny. i tried to wet sand them( from 1500 all the way down to 3000) and polish them up with compound, glaze, wax, and even "back to black" polish. nothing seems to bring back the shine. i ve never encountered this with plastic before. usually you can polish them up and they look new. not these kick panels for some reason. must be the type of plastic they re made of. i d rather not paint them, but if someone out there hasn t done it...i might have to. thanks in advance.

I tried to clean them too without success. I painted them with SEM plastic paint with adhesion promoter and they are like factory new.

i paint for a living. i know i could paint them, and probably will have to. i think it just pisses me off that they won t polish up. thanks ya all

I dont think kick panels are supposed to be shinny like high gloss. They do have 2 different textures which effects how they reflect light. The smooth portion should look medium gloss at best.

mine were pretty shiny. not super gloss, but pretty glossy.

-
Back