Blasting k member & factory welds

-

1MeanA

Reaction score
I dropped my k member and bumper brackets off at the local sandblasting company as they were a little big for me to do. After 3 weeks of waiting and getting told they would call me when they were done I drove down as I feared they had gotten lost. I found them on a pallet in the snow blasted and rusting. They had been sitting 2 weeks. They dusted them off for me. Those factory welds (I assume) are horrible.
IMG_2163.JPEG

IMG_2164.JPEG

IMG_2165.JPEG

IMG_2166.JPEG

IMG_2167.JPEG

The K-frame out of my 70 Duster, looked like it was formed between 2 rocks, and the welds done underwater, by Stevie wonder....with a caulking-gun.

The good news is that it's in a great position to grind them out a little and buzz some new solid welds over them.

Last edited:
My K was terribly assembled/welded. Before...
Krusty front end blasted.jpg

After many hours of naughty language.........
Krusty k-frame modified 2.jpg

Coated....
Krusty k-frame coated.jpg

Assembled...
kRUSTY K-FRAME SUSPENSION ASSEMBLED.jpg

The K-frame out of my 70 Duster, looked like it was formed between 2 rocks, and the welds done underwater, by Stevie wonder....with a caulking-gun.
I like to say 'banged out on a picnic table'. I just put it in epoxy primer for now along with the bumper brackets, splash shields and lower control arms.

Last edited:
We did the same on my K member. Grind and clean up the welds, no stiffing plate. We did tack on a flat washer so that snoopers will think it's an 340 K member. :lol:
1676115188787.png

-
Back