blew off vacuum plug?

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
shut it off and blew the big plug off vacuum tee at intake. to have this much pressure has to be??? bent value? bad value? any ideas? thanks

Where is the ignition timing set? Carbanotor adjusted korectly?

It's nothing. It popped through the intake. There's nothing wrong with it besides probably needing a tune up.

I quit usin' those damn things after I was short on time one winter morn, and blue the unused 3/8 cap of an Ed (then Carter!!) on the old Landcruiser. Hard to drive in the ice'n snow with a 3/8 hole in the intake!!!

I would re-use the rubber plug. It serves well as a pressure relief valve if you get a back-fire in the intake. Otherwise, the pressure might damage your carburetor (such as the power valve in a Holley).

went to see about it, had ran out of gas, got it runnin, then started to act like it was floodin out, then it started puckin out gas. HA, taped the bowl and be runnin o k since, dirt in carb and stuck float no doubt.

I would re-use the rubber plug. It serves well as a pressure relief valve if you get a back-fire in the intake. Otherwise, the pressure might damage your carburetor (such as the power valve in a Holley).

haha when i was first learning the slant i was at wyotech nad it was a shop day. well i was always ahead of the curve so i was allowed to bring my car in! so i had a new set of points for it and decided i was gonna use the dizzy machine, so much fun. so i get it all dialed in and happy.

so i get the motor on TDC and stab the dizzy, and was a tooth off so i corrected it. hooked everything back up and hit the starter with a remote starter...

GAA BOOM! it sounded like a 12 gauge went off in that giant building! most everyone hit the floor and their was fire and smoke coming from every orifice of that slant! and i mean everything from the head deck to dip stick, exh pipe and carb! safe to say the dizzy wasn't in right... so i stabbed it right and fired right up and purred like a kitten...

never had that happen before or after, but sure woke up that shop!

-
Back