Blower Motor.....HELP!!!

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
I went in for some mild surgery this morning, attempting to remove the blower motor from the firewall for reconditioning and painting, and to detail the firewall.

The motor is attached with 3 nuts to corresponding studs....the motor tightens against 3 rubber isolators that the studs come through.

The motor will not come out, I've discovered, because the fan impeller is larger than the opening......SO, I figured I'd take out the studs and see what happened.......brother, that was a big mistake.......the studs are held in with NUTS on the other side......they stuck just long enough to take the studs out, then all 3 joyfully fell down into the blower assembly inside the car.

Happy-happy-joy-joy.................

Can anyone tell me the easiest way IN to the blower housing from the inside of the car? It's an A/C car, so it's a bit more complex under the dash....BUT, there must be a standard way in without disecting each and every component under there.........

I'd have to do the same thing if changing the heater core from the looks of it........I just can't see clearly enough standing on my head to decipher what to do first...............

Any help?

I don't need to totally remove the plastic housing (the vent is part of it as well), I just need to get it out far enough to re-attach the nuts to the blower studs.

Thanks Guys..........................................

I'm not sure if you can get to it. I remember back in school we had to change the school's 74 dart heater core and blower and the only way we found was to remove the entire heat/Air cond box from the car from under the dash. I hope you can just reach into the vent and feel your way around. Good luck. Todd

Dropping the heater box under the dash really isn't a big deal, I put a new heater core in my Scamp last fall. There were just a few nuts under the hood on the firewall, and there's one rod that runs up into the cowl vent that has a nut on the bottom near the right kickpanel, way up high, that acts as a hanger for the assembly. Other than that it's just removing the hoses and the cables from the heater controls. Good luck.

-
Back