Blue 64 Dart GT

-
I received my dash pieces back from Robert at Chrometech USA today. They look perfect!

I sent them to him during the heat of the summer so he had to wait until the temperature cooled down before plating but the wait was worth it. Here's the pictures...

Attachments

• chrometech1.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 446
  • chrometech2.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 430
That looks great, but what did that cost ?

It was $440 (including shipping back to me) for what you see in the picture. He also plated my radio bezel and also detail painted the ash tray, glove box front, and the plate behind the radio so everything matched.

Few more pictures of the cluster. Instrument Specialties repainted the speedometer and gauges and also add an external limiter.

Attachments

• cluster2.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 435
  • cluster3.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 428
  • cluster1.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 421
It's been a busy couple of weeks on the restoration! I'm fortunate enough to have two excellent restoration shops working on the car right now. Mike at Roeder Restoration is completing all the paint and body work while Jeff, Darren, and Tim at Premier Body & Paint have started in on the suspension work and reassembly.

Attachments

• shop6.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 394
  • shop5.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 403
  • shop4.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 381
  • shop3.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 381
  • shop8.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 412
  • mike1.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 402
  • mike3.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 398
  • mike5.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 414
  • mike2.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 408
  • mike4.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 422
Finally decided on tires today...205/70 r14 Radial TA on 5.5" ralleys. Should be on the car next week.

Now, can't decide what ignition to run. I had been thinking of HEI or ECU. The guys at Premier told me that they use Pertronix, which I'm leaning towards since I can keep the stock look of the engine compartment.

Took a drive during lunch to see the progress on the Dart. Got wheels and tires on it today. Everyone convinced me to go with the Radial T/A tires and I'm pretty happy with the look. Next step is to get it running and driving. Hopefully it will be all complete in a week or two.

Attachments

• wheels1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 373
  • wheels2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 379
  • dash1.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 393
What a super job you have done. Amazing. Cant' wait to see it completed. Keep them pictures coming. By the way, can you send me the address to that company who did the chrome job on the bezels?

Hey Robert,
I finally found your restoration thread. The car is really looking nice. Looks like it's moving along pretty good now. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics of it finished.
Dallas

Fired up the slant six today for the first time in a year :D! Have a Pertronix II installed with a Flamethrower coil. (Might do HEI later). Bypassed the ballast resistor but kept "stock" look by running a jumper wire behind it.

Installed NGK ZFR5N plugs (metal gasket removed) gapped at .40.

Rebuilt original carburetor (Jim Evans, Rolla MO) with all the replating done by Neil Jenks of Dyanamic Renovations in Michigan (here's his sweet 67 dart). Neil also replated all my hinges, bolts, etc (pictures to come, sorry Neil).

Using remflex gaskets, new water pump, nos fuel pump, and a lot of other parts I probably didn't need to get :)

Underneath is all new suspension with disc brakes, 8.25 with 3.55 gears, front sway bar from Firm Feel.

Special thanks to SlantSixDan, MOBodyman, Charrlie_S (ss.org), and forabodiesonly.com and slantsix.org for reaching this point.

The last picture is from a storm I saw while driving today.

Attachments

• storm2.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 343
  • gt1.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 332
  • carb1.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 344
  • engine2.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 349
  • engine1.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 360
Awesome job! Keep up the good work, you'll have it on the road in no time.

Before, After, and Factory (old motortrend issue).

From the factory picture it looks like I need to have my vacuum and pvc hoses rerouted. Also should probably have a little more slack in the heater hose for when I adjust the valves. Also, I don't like the position of the fuel filter. Probably will do the fuel line mod soon anyway.

Attachments

• before.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 335
  • after.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 347
  • mt.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 322
1964 Dodge Dart specs from motortrend. 0-60 in 14.7 seconds :cry:...does anyone have a V8 I could put in this thing :D

Attachments

• specs.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 317
Beautiful car - I love it when I see this type of results. Can't wait to see it all put together.

1964 Dodge Dart specs from motortrend. 0-60 in 14.7 seconds :cry:...does anyone have a V8 I could put in this thing :D

Hey, you don't want to go too fast. No one could see how good it looks. :D
OTOH, I do have a 273 and a 340 laying around. :D:D
Dallas

Hey, you don't want to go too fast. No one could see how good it looks. :D OTOH, I do have a 273 and a 340 laying around. :D:D
Dallas

Now you tell me Dallas! :D Can I trade the prop valve for one?

Actually, I don't think I can betray my brethren over on slantsix.org. I'm actually looking for one of these window stickers...

Attachments

• slantsix.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 310
Beautiful Dart! I love that color.
Do you guys still cruise Kearney (Carney St?) in Springfield?

-
Back