BMW drivers, why??

-
Do you know the difference between a cactus and a BMW?

The pricks are on the outside of the cactus! :thumrigh:

As a Porsche owner and former BMW owner I've heard them all. Its kinda like being a lawyer it comes with the territory (not a lawyer). Its a small price to pay for the enjoyment of the German engineering.

I drive a BMW.......

2003, 325i Wagon. (The pic is one exactly like what we have) I drive like a little old lady. My car probably runs mid 15s.

A 2011, 750 runs the 1/4 in about 13.3 but you didn't mention a guess on the year.

Some other quick BMWs will be anything with an "M" badge made in the last few years. They are all at 13.0 or faster.

My wagon is actually the second BMW I have owned. My first was an 88 M3. Very few were made and they are somewhat collectable. (Pic of the white BMW is my old 88 M3. That is not a body kit or after-market rear wing, That is how they came stock).

M3Side.jpg

Attachments

• 42286394.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 90
European car humm!!! well this time you were peean on him.......

We've got a BMW also. Would never try to do what that guy did.

With a 1.9 and 136 h.p. on tap about the only thing you can pass
up is a gas station:iconbigg:

Attachments

• BMW 003 (Medium).JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 103
  • Redline (Medium).jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 84
Damn, you must be running about 12 or faster on the street. That's moving.

Not sure, never had it at the track. Previous owner built it, it has a big cam I don't know the specs. . I added an MSD ignition and fine tuned the six pack with an aftermarket base plate, headers, 4.10 gears. The extra 2 barrels helped, it has a great top end. That Beemer was no slouch.

I think he was used to just blowing by everybody. Ah well. I don't go looking for it.

Then on his side of the story you are probably the guy in the barracuda who feels just because he floored it so did you. I usually like driving slower in front of cars who want to go fast, then when I see them change lanes to pass me ill nail it so they cant get in front of me. They return to the lane directly behind me angry. Its fun though. If they want to drive so fast, I want to see how fast they are willing to go Lol

297126_273797642636472_100000187160066_1302496_7765106_n.jpg

Who appointed you hall monitor?

No offense to the to those here who drive BMW's, but having worked in a foreign only shop and having to deal 'em with as customers (and the boss as the owner - BMW certified, ya know) never been too fond of the majority of 'em.

Having grown up in Watkins Glen, NY and dealing with the BMW crowd who comes to town through the various clubs to run WGI, never been too fond of the majority of 'em. Most of 'em have the attitude that the locals are there as indentured servants and only exist to please the whims of the big spender and his BMW.

What I do like to see is when the Ferrari guys come to town when the BMW guys are there. Most of the clubs rent the track for a week, yet when the Ferrari guys come to town - just passing through, actually - they pick up and leave around Wednesday or Thursday. They scatter like roaches when the lights come on. Hard to brag about your Beemer when it's parked next to a Ferrari.

Talked to a lot of the Ferrari guys, by the way. They put on a nice show where the majority of the attending crowd is just blue collar stiffs like myself. Most of 'em are welcoming and congenial. Far better treatment of the locals than the BMW guys, believe it or not.

A restored 91 325i vert that my wife drives.
There is a aeronautic university a few miles from my house and a small community of apartments close to that.
You get in or around that area and you have a bunch of Tom Cruise "Top Gun" wannabee's and most of them drive either bikes or BMW's
They drive WAY faster than the speed limit and act like they are driving fighter jets and you are the enemy.
It's kind of comical actually, unless they involve you in thier BS.

Our BMW is sitting in the shadow of my Dart (Where it belongs):prayer:

Attachments

• 1973Dart.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 69
Trail beast I know what you mean. I know exactly where your talking about. I grew up in that town. Lived out in yavapi hills for years back when costco did not exist and there was nothing close the closest thing was walmart.

-
Back