Body filler--Give me a your choice please

-

swifter

Reaction score
Give me some idea's what to use,1st time for me to use--Thanks Steve

kinda expensive but sands pretty smooth ......even better than that USG stuff ...

there is actually one up from this...the extreme ...its more expensive ....like ten bucks more but not really needed as this one is pretty good.

Attachments

• p24678.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 517
The Rage is nicer than cheaper bond/plastic filler. Rage leaves less pinholes,flows smoother and sands easier. That extra 10 well spent. Extra resin for easier spreading,more talc for easier sanding....

kinda expensive but sands pretty smooth ......even better than that USG stuff ...

there is actually one up from this...the extreme ...its more expensive ....like ten bucks more but not really needed as this one is pretty good.

This x1000000000

I always use the Evercoat filler. It is far better than the Bondo brand or most anything else out there. It is worth the money. Easiest stuff I have ever worked with.

If you use the Metal Glaze by Evercoat on top of it, it makes for excellent results.

One more vote for Rage Gold. I've tried others but always fall back on Rage Gold. The extra money spent will be save in clogged sandpaper.

Another vote for Rage Gold! I have used alot of different ones and that is about the best i have found.
Matt

I used Rage Gold for years, but in my opinion this is better, 3M Platinum Plus! Been using it now for about 5-6 years.

Attachments

• 01131_3M_Platinum_Plus_Filler_1131.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 437
Alley oop,what are the improvements?

I was a big Rage Gold guy for many, many years. I tried 3MPP the first time as a skeptic, because 3M has never had a decent body filler ever as far as I'm concerned.

I used 3MPP the first time and I was sold. It sand easier than any body filler that I've ever used before. If you leave it over night without sanding it (which I ever seldom do), it still sands really good. It doesn't turn into concrete. I think it spreads nicer (easier) too. Less pinholes. I could go on and on, but I'll spare everyone.

This is just my opinion, just saying.

No that's why I posted this,Al lot of you guy's do this more or even on a daily basis and it helps all of us--KEEP POSTING and let us know you favorites ----Steve

Rage gold gums up on me if I let it dry all the way.

If you can get it, Crest Shark Bite is the business. 40 a can. Sticks to everything. Galvanized steel and paint, no problem. Never peels, never pinholes.

that's what I use.

Rage extreme. Sands much easier than the gold. Worth every penny in my book.

I personally won't use a filler. Most need 36 grit scratches for a physical adhesion! Also shrinks and tends to crack and pop loose eventually.

I work the dent out with my EagleII and apply a small amount of Evercoat 100416 metal glaze. It actually has adhesive in it. Sticks to all substrates too, even paint and primer.

This is the proper choice in my opinion! I have never had a return using that stuff!!

I personally won't use a filler. Most need 36 grit scratches for a physical adhesion! Also shrinks and tends to crack and pop loose eventually.

I work the dent out with my EagleII and apply a small amount of Evercoat 100416 metal glaze. It actually has adhesive in it. Sticks to all substrates too, even paint and primer.

This is the proper choice in my opinion! I have never had a return using that stuff!!

If body filler shrinks or pops loose, it wasn't applied correctly. But your point of proper metal finishing is very important.

Body filler isn't for sculpting a car out of, it's for filling minor imperfections.

The EagleII is a fantastic unit.

If body filler shrinks or pops loose, it wasn't applied correctly. But your point of proper metal finishing is very important.

Body filler isn't for sculpting a car out of, it's for filling minor imperfections.

The EagleII is a fantastic unit.

Sorry, should have elaborated a bit more! Shrinking, cracking and popping loose is a direct issue with the filler being too thick and improper prep. Still won't use it!!

Evercoat all the way. Pricey but well worth it. Once the tack has been sanded off it is easy to sand just don't let it stand too long or it gets as hard as a rock. I finish the metal glaze with 220 grit then apply 2-3 coats of filler primer for final wetsand before the sealer and color/top coat is applied.

Absolutely love my Eagle!! Best $500 I ever spent on a tool. It payed for itself the first week I owned it lol....

-
Back