Bolts for Pinion Snubber?

-

Wylde1

"No Value Added" Member
Reaction score
Last year I bought a really nice pinion snubber from a member here (Longgone?) and I finally have the time to put it on.

What size bolts do I need to bolt it to my 8-3/4, 489 case if that matters? The fastener store I use moved into the next town and I'll be in that area today. So I'll swing by to get some grade 8 hardware for it. So if ya know what size bolts I need, please let me know.

Wylde1.

They are 3/8 bolts. I don't remember for sure but I think they are 1" long.

I know this is an old post but does anyone know the pitch and how many of the bolts you need? I'm in need to snubber hardware too and want to get it right the first time.

I know this is an old post but does anyone know the pitch and how many of the bolts you need? I'm in need to snubber hardware too and want to get it right the first time.

16 threads per inch (3/8" coarse threads in other words). Some cases are drilled for 2 bolts and others 3 bolts so get 3 to make sure you have enough. Get lock washers too. Also since there can be quite a bit of force on it I'd get grade 5 or 8 bolts.

16 threads per inch (3/8" coarse threads in other words). Some cases are drilled for 2 bolts and others 3 bolts so get 3 to make sure you have enough. Get lock washers too. Also since there can be quite a bit of force on it I'd get grade 5 or 8 bolts.

Thanks, fishy!

-
Back