Boosted 451!

-
Cool build-Just a question--I take it your not worried about putting those holes thru the rear torsion bar bracket???? lot's of twisting going on there anchoring the rear of the bars especially with what your doing here,Do the sleeves make this more solid??? I'm learning--Steve

Good point Swfter...I was kinda thinking the same thing. I'm not an engineer but a boosted 451 is gonna make one heckuva lot of torque! Personally I'd fish plate the cross member...but thats just me.

Well made my own instrument panel this weekend got the gauges in and set it in the dash just to see I have to finish wiring1

Attachments

• IMG_0531.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 638
No pics yet I ordered a MSD distributor and coil they came in today so I figured I would put that stuff on but I go to install the dizzy and it hit the valve cover because it's taller than stock so I dinged it in a little to get it to fit I can only turn it a few degrees I believe it will be ok anyone else have problem with this distributor and what valve covers are you guys using.

No pics yet I ordered a MSD distributor and coil they came in today so I figured I would put that stuff on but I go to install the dizzy and it hit the valve cover because it's taller than stock so I dinged it in a little to get it to fit I can only turn it a few degrees I believe it will be ok anyone else have problem with this distributor and what valve covers are you guys using.

I had to use stock chromies. My fabbed ones hit the blower motor. No issues with the accel dizzy I used.

Love rear turbo cars!! There is a shop here in town that builds a lot of them and they do work well

Nice project.
I am curious to see how you route your plumbing out of the turbo to the Hat.

That's going to be the fun part when I get there I'm working on getting the ignition wired up and the battery cables run and all the small stuff done so I can seat the rings then hang the turbo and piping,I have the pipes already made up for the cold side because of my brother had another Dart I was doing a rear mount set up on and he sold the motor out of the car :banghead: so I got the pipes off of that unfinished project so decided to do my own check this out if you guys want!

http://www.theturboforums.com/threads/326869-rear-mount-hemi-dart?highlight=hemi+turbo+dart

Well it's alive I put some fuel in the carb hit the key and it fired right up so tomorrow going to get good fuel for the tank and coolant to run it some more break the rings in and start hanging the turbo stuff should be inneresting for ya now!

I'm working on it![ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7u4moElJMM"]New project! - YouTube[/ame]

Going to get the carpet,shifter in and pull the rear springs off have them re-arched to get it to set down in the rear and work on mounting the turbo next week

Where exactly are you mounting the turbo again? My Pops is thinking about a rear mount on his Duster. He planned on twins but doesn't want to tackle the headers. Seen one on TTF that cut the trunk pan over the axle and fabbed a box and stickered it to look like a tool box. The turbo was actually in the trunk covered by that box.

I got the carpet in and shifter, seat belts and took the rear mono leafs off to lower it a bit. Hey cuudak I'm mounting the turbo right after the rear end on the left side going to get started on that next week I hope.

Attachments

• 100_5405.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 483
  • 100_5404.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 489
  • 100_5403.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 488
  • 100_5402.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 462
  • 100_5401.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 469
Where exactly are you mounting the turbo again? My Pops is thinking about a rear mount on his Duster. He planned on twins but doesn't want to tackle the headers. Seen one on TTF that cut the trunk pan over the axle and fabbed a box and stickered it to look like a tool box. The turbo was actually in the trunk covered by that box.

Did you check out the link I posted that's a thread I started on my brothers Hemi dart I was doing i'm using all the piping from that build!

I ended up changing my rear springs to get it lower in the rear got that done and today I made the bracket got the turbo on !

Attachments

• 100_5418.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 460
  • 100_5416.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 458
  • 100_5413.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 442
  • 100_5412.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 431
-
Back