Bouchillon connection to Edelbrock (1407)

-

MrJLR

Built, not bought
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help me with the connection of the cable to my Edelbrock?
Pictures?

I read the instructions but I just don't get it. ...!

Jeff

Here's how it attached to a Carter BBD. First you install the plate they provided, on top of the throttle linkage arm. Then the Bouchillon cable snaps to the lower stud, below the throttle cable. You need to rig some kind of bracket to hold the cable housing end, so that the cable is parallel to the throttle cable, more or less. This is easier on a V8 -- on my slant it was hanging out in space -- you can see the wacky bracket and brace arrangement. Anyway, I thought they had pictures of a 4bbl carb in the instructions. I agree that their descriptions left a lot to the imagination.
IMG_4662.JPG

Here's how it attached to a Carter BBD. First you install the plate they provided, on top of the throttle linkage arm. Then the Bouchillon cable snaps to the lower stud, below the throttle cable. You need to rig some kind of bracket to hold the cable housing end, so that the cable is parallel to the throttle cable, more or less. This is easier on a V8 -- on my slant it was hanging out in space -- you can see the wacky bracket and brace arrangement. Anyway, I thought they had pictures of a 4bbl carb in the instructions. I agree that their descriptions left a lot to the imagination.
View attachment 1714961912
Thanks for that pic....I'll have to compare that to what I have...

Jeff

Thanks for that pic....I'll have to compare that to what I have...

Jeff
Oh, I just recalled, there was an extra flange on the plate that they had me saw off, so it will look different out of the box. You probably need it for the 4bbl setup.

So if I get this right, when the throttle cable goes back ,the kickdown should go forward? Or the other way around?

Jeff

So if I get this right, when the throttle cable goes back ,the kickdown should go forward? Or the other way around?

Jeff

Yes, so when the throttle is pulled all the way back the TP cable is all the way forward is how you start, and then little adjustments can be made from there.

This setup allows me to adjust the geometry as well, by moving the TP cable pivot point up or down in a slot.

SANY0011.JPG

Here are pics from the side and top on my Eddy 4 barrel. Hope they help. I went whole hog and got the mounting plate, which was a huge help in mounting the throttle and lockdown cables

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Bracket ordered

Jeff
MrJLR,
My name is Woody and I'm pretty much a 58 year old rookie! I read your thread and some others about the Bouchillon kick down cable. I'm going to covert my '75 318 Scamp to a 4-bbl and I'm thinking of this because I've had trouble finding an adjustable small block kick down rod/linkage. I think I could handle the cable install. I have an LD4B manifold and I'm saving up to get a new Eddy 1406 carb. The tranny is a column auto 904. Bouchillon kind of describes it as full proof if hooked up right. You had some issues correct?
Did you get yours working after buying the carb plate?
Are you happy with the way it works?
Do you have any pics you could share of your finished product?
Thanks in advance. Woody

MrJLR,
My name is Woody and I'm pretty much a 58 year old rookie! I read your thread and some others about the Bouchillon kick down cable. I'm going to covert my '75 318 Scamp to a 4-bbl and I'm thinking of this because I've had trouble finding an adjustable small block kick down rod/linkage. I think I could handle the cable install. I have an LD4B manifold and I'm saving up to get a new Eddy 1406 carb. The tranny is a column auto 904. Bouchillon kind of describes it as full proof if hooked up right. You had some issues correct?
Thanks in advance. Woody
Hey Woody...welcome in! You can just lengthen your 2bbl top rod, then get the 4bbl throttle cable bracket and, voila,...4bbl-compatible kickdown!

MrJLR,
Thanks in advance. Woody

Howdy!
Yes...it's all worked out and I like it!
I'll get some good pics of the set up on Friday...maybe sooner...the car is all covered up during the work week..!

Jeff

Hey Woody...welcome in! You can just lengthen your 2bbl top rod, then get the 4bbl throttle cable bracket and, voila,...4bbl-compatible kickdown!
Thanks, I've looked at that and I my still go that way. I've got all the parts picked out. I'm waffling back and worth on which way to go.

Howdy!
Yes...it's all worked out and I like it!
I'll get some good pics of the set up on Friday...maybe sooner...the car is all covered up during the work week..!

Jeff
Thanks Jeff. I'm in no hurry, just trying to figure this out.
Woody

Jeff, ok, no problem, great pic! That looks good, I like it! (Remember I'm a rookie.) I thought with this Bouch' cable you do not need that front spring & mounting, IYO? I wasn't planning on that. But I could always included if necessary? What carb & manifold are you running? Mine will be a Edelbrock 1406 on a LD4B manifold.
Thanks,
Woody

Jeff, ok, no problem, great pic! That looks good, I like it! (Remember I'm a rookie.) I thought with this Bouch' cable you do not need that front spring & mounting, IYO? I wasn't planning on that. But I could always included if necessary? What carb & manifold are you running? Mine will be a Edelbrock 1406 on a LD4B manifold.
Thanks,
Woody

No problem. ...I'm running a cast iron 360 4 barrel manifold and an Edelbrock 1407.....

If you need some better angles or anything, let me know!

Jeff

No problem. ...I'm running a cast iron 360 4 barrel manifold and an Edelbrock 1407.....

If you need some better angles or anything, let me know!

Jeff
No, thanks Jeff. I got it now. I need the return spring and bracket no matter which way I decide on. For some reason I thought I could get away without spring & bracket that with the bouchillon cable. I'll still chew on this awhile to figure out the easiest route for me. Thanks again.

-
Back