Bought a new car

-

Lars

Reaction score
Snuck out of the house a couple weeks ago and picked this up:

ta60dh.jpg

21945r4.jpg

op2rud.jpg

Hope the wife likes it, since it is her anniversary present. I'm going to give it to her next month. It's a 67 T code car with a 302/3 speed/9" and all new suspension underneath. It needs about a thousand little things, but it made the 300 mile drive from Dallas and averaged 15mpg. :)

Its a nice car but when you said it has a 302 in it, it disturbed me so I looked at this http://www.1967-mustang.com/mustang-engine.htm to give a different perspective as to the engine, yours must be a late 67 where the 289 was in 67 til mid to late year

On a different note, isn't it amazing what these Mustangs can be sold for and even with a 6 cylinder when they don't even compare to the 67 Barracuda. Yet the Barracuda can be picked up for a song in most cases.

Its a nice car but when you said it has a 302 in it, it disturbed me so I looked at this http://www.1967-mustang.com/mustang-engine.htm to give a different perspective as to the engine, yours must be a late 67 where the 289 was in 67 til mid to late year

On a different note, isn't it amazing what these Mustangs can be sold for and even with a 6 cylinder when they don't even compare to the 67 Barracuda. Yet the Barracuda can be picked up for a song in most cases.

It is an original 6 cylinder car, someone went through the trouble of converting it. I wanted to get her an original V8 car, but this one had the cleanest body I could find in my price range. It looks to be done right though, other then the fact that whoever did the conversion put drums on it instead of discs (which seems like a waste of time to me, but oh well). The coupes are pretty reasonable (as opposed to verts and fastbacks), I would have loved to bring another old Mopar home, but this is her dream car and that's what I wanted to give her.

A stang ! In the early seventies a study revealed that to be the very worst car seat for the human back. Good to know huh ? And those over ridding springs. Just be glad the front end work is already done. They all have their good and bad points though. Toss a little lumbar pillow in it and drive the wheels off it. I would :)

Traditional American racing colors - blue and white. Your wife is gonna love it since that's her dream car. You're in for an outstanding anniversary celebration!

A stang ! In the early seventies a study revealed that to be the very worst car seat for the human back. Good to know huh ? And those over ridding springs. Just be glad the front end work is already done. They all have their good and bad points though. Toss a little lumbar pillow in it and drive the wheels off it. I would :)

Yeah, I need to put seat belts in it too. I was in it for almost five hours and the seats didn't seem to uncomfortable. Thanks for all the compliments guys. :)

So very nice. That looks like a fun car to kick around in.
She is going to be stoked. Which should mean, you are going to be VERY happy, too.

That looks great!
My family bought a new '68 coupe and the wheels were driven off the poor thing. It was pretty used up by the time I could drive but it didn't stop me.

My Dad tried to start it for me so it wouldn't be sitting for so long and he couldn't get it to fire. After trying to do some sneaky over the phone trouble shooting it looks like the fuel pump is the problem. Someone at some point put an electric fan and fuel pump on it, and ran them off the same relay, and I'm guessing the relay died. Plus there is a leak out of the rear end. Like I said, I have a about a thousand little things on the car to fix. Not too surprising out of a 43 year old car though.

-
Back