bought my shop a present

-

stansblue72

one of one 1953 ME!
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Bought this at Sears the other day, got it 55% off because it was last years model.
Now I need more tools!:cheers:

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 761
Bought the same one last thanksgiving and still haven't put anything in it. Just can't decide how to organize my stuff.
Anyone have any ideas on what works for you ?
Great box by the way.

I bought a large Menards bottom box last year on sale and stuck an 11% off bag on it. They liked my ingenuity and gave me the discount too. I had a lot of tools, but I bought a lot of socket racks and filled in what I didn't have. I already have a Mac top box for it. Tool boxes are awesome. I can find anything.

I bought another tool box a few weeks ago. Tools everywhere but
none in the box yet. It tried the Menards 11% bag trick with an $9,000.00 cabinet order. Didn't work.

I LOVE last years models!

Bought this at Sears the other day, got it 55% off because it was last years model.
Now I need more tools!:cheers:

Super cool. I got one of those without top cabinet. Bought it used. Fits perfectly under my workbench. Gotta love more tools. Congrats

I have one just like it. They rust.

Top of box, Easily seen , often used items.
Drawers on top box, usually ratchets, sockets, easily found items you use often.
Bottom box the further down you go, the less used and larger and more bulky items as you go, try to balance the load with heaviest and least used item on bottom so you don't have to bend over as much.

I've got two top boxes and one bottom box all are Craftsman from the mid 60's. Clean and lube the drawer slides every few years and they all are going strong.Also have a small Waterloo bottom from the same period, still in pretty good shape. All have only seen garage duty the last several(lots) of years. From the time when tool boxes were designed to last a lifetime!!

I totally dislike looking at tools. I've got at least 5 sets of tools and only 3 1/2 roll around tool boxes. I want to get rid of all of them and keep cigar boxes with a minimum of tools in the my vehicles...

I need a new one, tools don't fit any more.ive been lookin but just haven't found the right one yet

If it doesn't get scratched, it will live. Mine got scratched on the bottom and it's continued to rust no matter what I do.

If it doesn't get scratched, it will live. Mine got scratched on the bottom and it's continued to rust no matter what I do.

Must be that high humidity you folks get there in Georgia.
I bought some stuff to line all the drawers with before I put any tools in it, but I'll keep an eye out for any scratches.

Perfect!! I am hinting to Treva and the boys that I need another (yet) bigger tool box.
Cub cadet makes a good product that is used to preserve there mower decks, most likely just WD 40 but when it gets scratched just give it a spray, yes we have humidity here also, and this is what I do to some of my gear that sets, but so far it seems to stay very dry in my Bald Eagle Garage. Congratulations on a good piece at a great price :thumblef:

Same here. I have several large boxes in my shop & a "carry box". I use the carry box to work on cars or retrieve parts out in the country. I probably have more tools in my "carrying box" than most people have in their garages. I really need to get a larger carry box as I've out grown this one and some of the tools ride along in strong card board boxes & the bulk of the tools have to be emptied out in order to find what I'm looking for. But then if I got something bigger then I wouldn't be able to lift it from between the two vehicles I usually take. Its just a vicious circle!!!! Seems I cant' go anywhere w/o looking through the tool sections!!! Its been an expensive habit/addiction over the years!!! At least the wife/kids will have something to sell when I'm gone!!!

-
Back