Braided Hose for Aircon

-

synchro66

Reaction score
Has anyone on here had any experience with Aeroflow or the like, braided hose and fittings for their aircon? If so are the fittings reliable or do they leak. Like to know how reliable they are before spending the big $$ to do this. Cheers

I use the braided hose all the time, for the most part they are leak free. I like the Aeroquip stuff, but others have done a good job.

Has anyone on here had any experience with Aeroflow or the like, braided hose and fittings for their aircon? If so are the fittings reliable or do they leak. Like to know how reliable they are before spending the big $$ to do this. Cheers

Hello synchro66,
Have not used "Aeroflow" products, But as Steven190 said most are trouble free.
Common leak / fitment issues arise when not following the OEM assembly / application instructions.
Some things that should be considered when selecting a product is the ease (or difficultly) of assembling the fittings to the hose, flexibility (ability of routing) of the hose, the construction of hose and fittings, application (heat, react ability to fluids), Location (proximity) to heat sources (exhaust) and so on.
As a note i just plumbed a customers fuel system (supply and return) using Earls Pro-Lite Ultra Hose and fittings (first time using pricey product).
I was totally impressed that you can cut the hose and install the fittings using only a utility knife, Teflon tape (to hold the braid in place), and two open end wrenches (AN aluminum type).
I was able to install fittings wile under the hood and under the car in minimal space constraints. Total time savings and no leaks when finished. Well worth the cost. And the fittings are reusable.
If you watch some YouTube videos of assembly of the various products you can get an idea of there simplicity or difficulty.
Hope any of this info helps in some way in choosing a product for your ride.
Stay Safe......
Happy Mopar :)
Arron.

Last edited:
-
Back