Brake and Oil Pressure Warning Lights Not Working

-

Bookmaker

Reaction score
I've checked bulbs and fuses. What could cause both of these warning lights to not work?

Brake? the brake stoplight switch at the pedal. bad switch, maybe, but one of the two wires off of the switch? switch sticking? , spray some rust penetrant on the switch........ Oil pressure? wire off at the sender? bad sender? check this first? otherwise am no help diagnosing electrical problems!!!!!

I've checked bulbs and fuses. What could cause both of these warning lights to not work?
You...........are...........going...........to..........have.........to..........tell..........us..........what........you......are..........working......on........

Boeing_Model_299_cockpit_b299-6.jpg

I have no idea what your avatar is. It's the size of a postage stamp. But thanks............

Go over to MyMopar and download the 73 service manual if you don't have one, that's as close as anybody knows how to get without buying one

If the 74 is the same, the warning lamps are powered by the printed circuit trace that also powers the gauge IVR. So if the gauges are working, the lamps should be. First thing to do is ground them to test. Find the switch wire for your parking lamp or go out in the engine bay and pull the wire off the brake distribution block/ proportioning valve down below the steering box on the frame. Ground that wire and see if the brake light comes on

If they really are not getting power, and if the temp/ fuel gauges are working, then it might be bad sockets, bad bulbs, or a trace burned up on the pc board

Last edited:
I would add another ground strap to the cluster in the general vicinity of the lights and see what happens

Oh, sorry, it's a 1974 Duster, the same car that appears in the postage-stamp-sized pic in my avatar.Sorry it's so small, I wasn't thinking about half-blind,and cranky old farts, at the time I posted it.

There; I fixed it for ya,lol.
the only clues are the C-pillar, and the front Turn signals which appear as flea-sized,
atleasttohalfblindcrankyoldme,lol.

-
Back