Brake Lights

-

Paul King

MrPJK
Reaction score
Hi everyone ,Hope i can explain this properly ,When i press on the brake bedal the brake lights come on ,Now when i put on the park lights and press on the brakes the left side tail light goes completely out and the right side seems to be very bright 1157
,i tried some LED tail light bulbs and now have this problem ,not sure if this has anything to do with it .Any help would be great .I know i have a sticky brake light switch if the car sits alot,its my 66 Dodge dart

I totally redid the rear harness on our 67 fastback...I left the sockets out of the housing to be able to visually chk as I was doing it myself. I could see the bulbs while I pushed on brake pedal as back seat was folded down, so was rear cargo panel. Couldnt get anything to work?? No lights at all. Chased my tail for a while, then tapped bulb socket to housing and it lit up! Lol, grounds thru the socket.to housing.
Likely ground problems at the sockets

Not to mess with this thread but there is a treatment for vertigo/ meniers that helped me immensely. More info - pm me.
Yote

My neighbour has meniers off and on pretty bad at times. Several days with eyes closed, not moving. Good luck.
I( hope to replace the brake switch soon ,but i have vertigo and makes it difficult for me to do those things now but will get it done .Thanks

Not to mess with this thread but there is a treatment for vertigo/ meniers that helped me immensely. More info - pm me.
Yote

I feel for ya. I minor vertigo attacks. I finally got a couple prescriptions from Doc. They are not often, nor often serious, but here awhile back for about a week I could barely walk or stand, and even nearly got sick just in bed. No fun

I feel for ya. I minor vertigo attacks. I finally got a couple prescriptions from Doc. They are not often, nor often serious, but here awhile back for about a week I could barely walk or stand, and even nearly got sick just in bed. No fun
First time i had it ,i was in bed for three days with a pail beside the bed ,now i have to be very carefull how i move .Thanks

I wouldn't worry about the switch so much... it may just need a drop of oil to loosen up. The light symptoms you describe are usually caused by bad grounds, as mentioned.

-
Back