Brake Line Routing?

-

ChrisRomello

Reaction score
Im working on the brakes for my ‘65 and was wondering if my thinking is correct on how these lines are supposed to come out of the distribution block. Dual reservoir master with disc brakes. FR (front right), FL (front left), R (rear).
12456035-316E-40DD-ABC8-61F43ED843C7.jpeg

That doesn't look anything like the dual circuit distribution block for 67-72. What's it from? Diagram from the 68 FSM.
IMG_3641.JPG

Last edited:
Oh, I thought a 65 would have a single circuit brake system.

Oh, I thought a 65 would have a single circuit brake system.
Lol, that’s what i had originally and just assumed others might have had it. The kit i got for a dual reservoir conversion was made for the car specifically.

Sorry, I was thinking that you would want a dual circuit distribution block if you were upgrading to dual circuit brakes. You don't have to, but then you have to figure out how the lines go. I'm surprised your kit didn't have instructions. What does the 65 service manual have to say about it?

Sorry, I was thinking that you would want a dual circuit distribution block if you were upgrading to dual circuit brakes. You don't have to, but then you have to figure out how the lines go. I'm surprised your kit didn't have instructions. What does the 65 service manual have to say about it?
Im running a proportioning valve in the rear brake line. The service manual only shows single circuit brakes.

-
Back