Brake Pedal goes to floor

-
9 Days after you ask for help, several people have advised a new master cylinder, yet you still haven't put a new one on your car! If your going to ignore the advise, why ask? Your obviously going to do what you want anyway! I'm done, good luck.

9 days after i said i already ordered a new one that is coming in the mail since i live in europe so takes a while to get here.. so in the meanwhile im bored so im gonna go after the advice of checking the drum brakes because people advised that too, curious to see if that maybe fixes it..

his conclusion: lets wait for the M/C to arrive, see what that does..

cant u read? or just trying to have the last word or something? jeez man

DaveS, Thanks for getting back with us. You are approaching it very methodically, which is good. It is expensive and time-consuming to gets old Mopar parts in Europe, so smart to find root cause first and not just throw parts at it.

Thanks Bill! it indeed is more time and money consuming to have this hobby as to have it back in the continent where these cars were originally built!

so as far as the update.. it finally arrived! and i have pictures! (ill keep it short)

new master cilinder did the trick.

full braking power! so the diagnosis was correct :)

after having taken off the old master cilinder, it started leaking from the front brakes hole.. and not the little bit that comes out from where the line screws in, the entire front reservoir drained on the table till empty (wich i didnt completely let drain out all over the place ofcourse ;) but it wouldve. so that also told me that the front brake part of that master cilinder was indeed not good anymore.

the pictures:

Last edited:
-
Back