brake question

-

sakoe

Reaction score
As I asked my question in the search section It came to my mind, that it might be a hard search to find something which might never came out the factory.
Does anyone knows, if the 66 dart GT came out the factory with powerbrakes? My problem is that i`msearching for some right parts to ge it working,which seems to be a hard job. If I can get any clearence, ill search for another alternative!
Tnx Sjaak

yes 1966 dart and barracudas were available with power brakes i had one,,

i believe master power brakes are repopping the fire wall brackets and linkage,,if not some one that advertises in mopar muscle does,,

I don't have the picture scanned, but I used what I would call a sissor style backet that moves the booster up. I got it off a 74 Dart it bolted up and it cleared the hood in my 64 Valiant. Looked like it belonged there. I built my motor up so much that I took all that back off.

Thtas The Same Bracket They Used On The Early A ,,the Early A Used A Square Vacuum Box On The Upper Fender Well,,,but As Long As You Have The Fire Wall Bracket ,you Can Use Any Vacuum Can You Like,,

But do you know where I can get it? I need one asap!! I dont have the original size, so I don`t know what to order.

just seen it in mopar muscle master power brake has them,,,google master power brake for there web site,,

Yes, they have the complete setup

MOPAR 8" DUAL DIAPHRAGM POWER BOOSTER/MASTER CYLINDER (FACTORY MANUAL BRAKES)

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Part #: BM1302
spacer.gif
For all A- Body Dodge and Plymouth cars, B & E- Body w/ factory manual brakes. Disc/drum or four wheel disc.

NOTE: May not fit with Shaker or Air Grabber hoods

So I believe I need an 8" booster, isnt it?!

Which one, looking to the Following site, will do?

http://www.mbmbrakeboosters.com/8-Boosters.html

the booster size is determined by the weight of the car i believe,,give them a call ask to talk to a tech,, they can help you out,,, check some auto parts store web sites first for a booster,,and compare they price,,may be cheaper to get the booster thru an auto parts store,,and the bracket thru master power brake if they will sell you the breacket seperatly,, i use to have one of those laying around if i come across it ill let you know,,,,

Actually, I still haven`t found anything. I measured the size, and it seems to be an 7 inch booster.
If someone can send me any links, it will be easier tol find these for me. I`m searching at a European pc and here the search machines are not so helpfull with american sites....
Sjaak

do you get any american mopar magazine over there??? sorry i didnt know you werent in the us,,, let me know ill get the link to master power brake,,

nope we don`t..... :read2:

So if you might be able to send some links, i`d really appreciate it!!

tnx Sjaak

i found a few brake companies web addresses in a mopa magazine here they are good luck

www.ssbrakes.com

www.mpbrakes.com <<<<<< try this one for the fire wall bracket,,

have you tried to put a add in the wanted section for the bracket,,,

same bracket 1963 thru 1976 A body,,, some one has one laying around as long as it is complete,,ask fro all the linkage,, weather you buy it used or new from mpbrakes

GOOD LUCK

-
Back