breaker tripping

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Been messing with the tig welder, a Miller Syncrowave 180SD. Wired thru a disconnect box. Breaker box is 7 feet away. Has a 60 amp breaker. Have an amp sitting on the other side of the welder. It is about 3 feet away, hooked to an Ipod. When using the welder the breaker that the amp is wired to will pop....sporadicly. Hmmmmm

I suspect certain types, styles, music are the culprit and Im afraid to ask what ya got playing?

it's the high frequency in the tig causing it. it will cause all sorts of issues with electronics. I had a customer whose burning table would sporadically move by itself when the tig was being used. Both on separate circuits but the conduit that housed to wiring for the tig crossed over and was touching the conduit for the burning table. placed a piece of rubber between them and problem went away. You may try moving the ipod setup further away from the tig. (also keep your cell phone away from it when using the tig)

I suspect certain types, styles, music are the culprit and Im afraid to ask what ya got playing?
You mean no more Liberace? :banghead:

Catchy tune...

The Ipod is overpowering the amp. lol
I always knew that thing was going to be trouble.

it's the high frequency in the tig causing it. it will cause all sorts of issues with electronics. I had a customer whose burning table would sporadically move by itself when the tig was being used. Both on separate circuits but the conduit that housed to wiring for the tig crossed over and was touching the conduit for the burning table. placed a piece of rubber between them and problem went away. You may try moving the ipod setup further away from the tig. (also keep your cell phone away from it when using the tig)
Don't know why I said the breaker, the GFI that the amp is hooked to is tripping. Both of the wires for these 2 circuits are indeed right next to each other. Have been wanting to run some outlets to the back of the garage, will have to remember to not go near the tig wiring. Guess I will be moving the amp back there to stop this from continuing.
Ipod has been out there playing the same 15 gigs of mp3's for months now. Yesterday, after the GFI popped the first time every few songs it would stop, an error message saying unknown format, not playable. Guessing I might have scrambled it?

i would check and make sure there is no other ground fault, and replace the GFCI receptacle for piece of mind.

-
Back