Brett you Lied man that sucked

-

chad72duster

Reaction score
Hey Brett, Got my roller bearing in this afternoon and taped it into place and decided to set the engine. Pulled it off the negine stand bolted on the mounts pulled the hood and started to set the engine. after a bump here and a bump there she went down. Next comes the bell housing so i jack here up and put her on for jack stands and grab the bell housing, I have the studs already set in the block so no problem slap on the lakewood bellhousing onto the stdas few nuts and good to go, WRONG :shock: That SOB will not go in past the studs , **** so I pull all the studs but one and then it wont clear the body flange **** again beat and bang and then a 28 OZ Ball peen hammer had its way anf finally it goes in. Now I dont know about you guys but my hands will not fit in that crack between the bellhousing and the body so afetr cussing Brett and I know his ears had to be burning I finally got the bell housing in bolted and ready for the trans.

Brett, i have to admit you are right by myself i could have never got the engine set with the bellhousing, I was a mother but i got it just hope the tranny is not as bad :roll: I can only imagine just have to remeber to put the clutch fork and Z bar in first.

Well is it going to be ready when I get there :D I'm in Vegas now and will be there next weekend. So far things are still on schedule.

perfect and i am online with you brother. All I have to do is get the tranny in and order the headers then all we have to do is wire it and install the headers and throw the front seat back in for a joy ride, I hope :?: :?:

The number 1 is set at TDC on comp stroke ready to drop in the Dist and the bigs is just setting there. Once i have everything bolted down i will start putting the bolt ons in place.

think I might order a March Alt Braket and a Red Alt to go with it :D :D

Oh Got your box today . Damn craig you sent all kinda of goodies, i just took out the bearing the rest is still in the box.

I will give you a call tomorrow

chad72duster said:
Hey Brett, Got my roller bearing in this afternoon and taped it into place and decided to set the engine. Pulled it off the negine stand bolted on the mounts pulled the hood and started to set the engine. after a bump here and a bump there she went down. Next comes the bell housing so i jack here up and put her on for jack stands and grab the bell housing, I have the studs already set in the block so no problem slap on the lakewood bellhousing onto the stdas few nuts and good to go, WRONG :shock: That SOB will not go in past the studs , **** so I pull all the studs but one and then it wont clear the body flange **** again beat and bang and then a 28 OZ Ball peen hammer had its way anf finally it goes in. Now I dont know about you guys but my hands will not fit in that crack between the bellhousing and the body so afetr cussing Brett and I know his ears had to be burning I finally got the bell housing in bolted and ready for the tran

Brett, i have to admit you are right by myself i could have never got the engine set with the bellhousing, I was a mother but i got it just hope the tranny is not as bad :roll: I can only imagine just have to remeber to put the clutch fork and Z bar in first.

What studs are you talking about?? I put the bellhousing up on the pins and got a couple bolt's in and then went up top and put those bolts in and I was done. It is tight on a few of the bolt's but it can be done.

I'm not following you on the stud's thing?

If you are trying to put the bolts in and then setting the bellhousing up on the bolts, I can tell you that ain't gonna work! Trust me, the way you did it is the best way to do it.

My ear's weren't ringing to bad yesterday so it couldn't have been to bad. HeHe :lol:

did you use a lakewood oe a stock bellhousing? If it would have been stock it would have been cake but the lakewood was to big. The studs I talked about I used a set of ARP bellhousin studs i didnt use regular bolts , but if your ears didnt burn yesterday i bet they will today when i put the tranny in . thast going to be a *****.

Damn Craig you are like Santa, I talked to Paula she said you can stay 2 months if you want ,

Great new the tranny is in, after 4 or 5 hours of cussing and stabbing it 4 differant times its in and hopefully good to go.

Hey Brett thanks for all the advice you had it right< I hope you didnt get offended I was just Fxxx with you. Hey on your centerforce clutch did you need a return spring on the clutch rod?? My pedal returns great without one.

Well gotta get dressed and play soldier talk to yall later.

Yes use it! I also had to take off my over center spring inside the car too. The return spring will help stabalize the clutch fork when mashing the pedal.

ok i stuck the return spring on the clutch fork it has some zip now. hopefully everything is good.

I have no doubt, got the U joints and am ready to pop the drive shft in. i took my hoopty truck apsrt today to change out the timing belt as a genetral service at 100K guess what not a belt in the city. I guess i will have to order one but checked it out it looked pretty good strtched a littlle the overhead cam timing mark is off just a little I will tweak that after I get the new belt.

All ready for you to get here got the room ready and I will have to clean up one of the trucks so you have something to get around in other than that we are ready.

Bellhousing bolts usually go real well from underneath providing you have a 9/16 swivel socket and about a 4' extension, don't have to mess with from above that way. Make sure you always leave the trans in gear that way you can turn the output shaft while you are trying to line up the last bit and it will align up the splines on the clutch disc to the input.

Hey guys,
I just wanted to chime in & say how cool it is when a guy from Hawaii makes friends with a guy in Texas,then comes accross the pond to help him put his car together.This is cool.Not to mention all the helpful advice from all over the country.This board ROCKS!!!!
ya'll make me proud to be part of this board & share the experiance.
Now if someone would just buy my car.LMAO.

If I had the extra money right now, trust me, I'd be flying up there to buy your car :wink: I really like the looks of it, and it's set up just like I'd like it to be. Right place, Wrong time :cry:

same for me if I hd the cash I would be all over it just lack of funds prevent lots of things. Like a HEMI Duster :shock:

cudax4 said:
Hey guys,
I just wanted to chime in & say how cool it is when a guy from Hawaii makes friends with a guy in Texas,then comes accross the pond to help him put his car together.This is cool.Not to mention all the helpful advice from all over the country.This board ROCKS!!!!
ya'll make me proud to be part of this board & share the experiance.
Now if someone would just buy my car.LMAO.

Are you selling your Cuda? If so PM me with a price.

-
Back