Brewer's Z Bar for Early A

-

Detroit Iron

Reaction score
I just bought the Z Bar setup from Brewer's for early A-bodies. They sold me the bar and the bell crank bracket. I'm just wondering if anyone else has this setup, and maybe even some photos of it installed. Thanks!

It should be pretty self-explanatory. When I went to a 10.5 inch. clutch, I found just a custom home made set. If you are having troubles, maybe brewers themselves has some pics and can help?

If you find any pictures, please post or Pm me... I'm doing a 340 & auto to 4 speed conversion this winter on my 65 and could use some guidance.

I bought their kit for my car, fits awesome! I could take some pics but my headers are in the way and they would be tough to see. Trust me, everything fits and works great! :toothy10:

Wayne Brewer is the man,he's bailed me out of more than one four speed dilemna.They have done their homework on all configurations of manual transmisions in all Mopars.The early a body Z bar fits like a glove and works like a charm.Why spend hours or days making something that that may or may not not look right anyway.They have done the research so you don't have to.I put the later bellhousing {10 1/2 inch clutch} in the early a and didn't realize that the early cars only had the smaller clutch and bell housing.They had all the missing pieces to the puzzle. :cheers:

z-bar 1.jpg

z-bar 004.jpg

Snap it on the frame side ballstud, pop the other end into the bracket that bolts to the bellhousing, then bolt it to the belhousing....done.

I am starting this conversion, is there anything I can use from the original 9.5 " setup or do I need to buy all of the linkage parts from brewers. They seem to want to sell me everything from the fork to the Z, I don't understand why the fork from the 10.5 won't work ?

thanks

-
Back