Brodix heads

-

70wayfarer

Reaction score
gathering parts for a BB build for my ute. will be a 451 - 470 B, or 440 RB. problem being finding a good or for that matter any 400 blocks for my prefered option.
anywho i've been offered a pair of brodix heads. they are bare but include shaft roller rockers. heads are in great shape. what are peoples thoughts on brodix heads, good bad or indifferent.
cheers

gathering parts for a BB build for my ute. will be a 451 - 470 B, or 440 RB. problem being finding a good or for that matter any 400 blocks for my prefered option.
anywho i've been offered a pair of brodix heads. they are bare but include shaft roller rockers. heads are in great shape. what are peoples thoughts on brodix heads, good bad or indifferent.
cheers
-they have a good/great reputation as a company that makes a quality product. you probably would be ahead with those heads selected in your build. they can be improved upon, but you have better foundation for the top end of your build with those heads.

-they have a good/great reputation as a company that makes a quality product. you probably would be ahead with those heads selected in your build. they can be improved upon, but you have better foundation for the top end of your build with those heads.
cool...they were offered at a reasonable price so will most likely buy them. cheers

Which ones? The B1 series require special intake manifolds, rocker arms, pistons, valve covers and external oil drain backs.

Which ones? The B1 series require special intake manifolds, rocker arms, pistons, valve covers and external oil drain backs.
as above...shaft mount roller rockers. heads accept stock intake and exhaust.

i have use those b1-bs heads ,they work ok,when taking off the valve cover,there messy because oil dont drain like indy heads does,and there heavy compared to indy heads,i would go with indy heads,but the b1-b/s heads os ok

i have use those b1-bs heads ,they work ok,when taking off the valve cover,there messy because oil dont drain like indy heads does,and there heavy compared to indy heads,i would go with indy heads,but the b1-b/s heads os ok
have seen drain lines fitted to drain oil away.

ok, i purchased the heads. where would be the best place to source valve train components.

P1010986.JPG

Best? Jesel or T&D. Very probably overkill. May try emailing or calling Koffel and see if they have anything in stock or recommended. I seem to recall the BS head uses a .485 offset, but I won't swear to it. S/F....Ken M

Best? Jesel or T&D. Very probably overkill. May try emailing or calling Koffel and see if they have anything in stock or recommended. I seem to recall the BS head uses a .485 offset, but I won't swear to it. S/F....Ken M
might try hughs engines.

called brodix today and was referred to Scott Koffel. they said he was the best person to speak to about valve train parts. they said that Scott designed the heads and they manufactured and branded them. spoke to Scott and have sorted the parts i need.

-
Back