Broke down in Lincoln, NE driving cross country.

-
I f you come through Wichita ks I can assist -- Lawrence

We'll keep "pushing him down the road" each step of the way if he needs it. It seems like we have alot of members on his possible paths....

Keep on trucking....
:burnout:

With all the help and " stop and see me" it will take a month be for he gets to Florida. That sounds like a great vacation. Stop and have breakfast, lunch and dinner with forum buddies.

I'm in Chattanooga TN, so if you need any help or just a cup of coffee let me know. Have a safe trip. Gary

Thnx to all of you guys. Wish I could meet each and everyone of you. Unfortunately, we've lost too much time to make it through Louisville.

We did have some more trouble this morning. After a great test drive Thurs nite, and then driving out to dinner, it started acting up again with the first 2-3 miles Friday morning. While talking to Tim B in Omaha on the phone, we opened the "new" dizzy back up and discovered the points weren't opening. Looks like the lobes on the dist shaft cam were so sharp, instead of rounded, that they were eating away the (supposed to be) nylon cam follower on the points arm. New set of points and a timing light check and we were good... for about the first 60 miles! Had to adjust them again, then again about 100 miles later. Finally got in 3rd set of points that doesn't seem to be wearing and have about 300 miles on them.

Gonna stop at Summit in Atlanta for a Pertronix electronic. Then when I get home, I gonna return the one to O'Reillys, and you can bet give 'em hell !!!

2300 miles down, 900 more to go.

Thnx all, Mike (trying to be) in FL

If you take I-80 through Chicago, I have electronic set ups that we could swap in....

If you are too far past, then I hope you make it to FL ok.

glad it all worked out!!!! when ya get soth of the Mason- Dixon, ya can stop at any interstate interchange and find at least two WaffleHouses! have breakfast with the locals, you could have a little smalltalk and locate 3-4 vintage Mopars!!!! while ya have your cheesy grits, raisin toast, and pecan waffles!!!??????? no really!!!?????

Hi all,

Driving east from OR to FL. Distributor crapped out on I-80 Mile 314 rest area near Grand Island. AAA will tow me to Lincoln, NE. O'Reilly's has a reman'd unit in stock there. Gotta get the part from O'Reilly's to the car and installed. Can anybody give me a hand? Plz give me a call.

Thnx in advance,
Mike (not) in FL
5 zero 3 - 4 three 4 - 3 9 five five

Where in Oregon are you from?

dart4forte - McMinnville, OR area. Next time I get through Yakima area, I'm gonna have to look you up.

Barbee6043 - I didn't even have to go to a Waffle House (BTW, one of my favorite breakfast places, AND I grew up in Louisville, KY.)

No more than I crossed the Ohio river out of IL into KY this morning, I had to stop for gas. As I'm trying to leave the station, some ol' boy hollers out to me to "Hey... Wait a minute! Come back here" and I hollered back "It ain't for sale!"

He comes walking up to the car, asking is it a '67?, 318?, etc. Then asks if I want to go see his 5 or 6 'cudas. I was taking a detour off of I-24 to drive through Land Between the Lakes area since my daughter had never seen it. His place was barely off of the route and I said I'd follow him.

He led me to his friend's house where half his cars were parked, and I also got to see all his friend's cars. Exchanged phone numbers with both, and might be able to do some trading with them. Asked if they were interested in selling something, and they said they usually don't sell, would much rather trade stuff. Go figure!

BTW all, managed to make it into the Summit Racing store south of Atlanta just before it closed tonight and bought a Pertronix electronic ignition module. I'll swap it in before we leave for home in the morning. Looking forward to seeing how well it helps. I'm hopeful for at least 1 more mpg.

Later,
Mike (almost there) in FL

I shared your experience 1 month ago. I had a front hub assembly go out in my 99 Durango going across South Dakota. In between Chamberlain and Rapid City, there is NO help. I pulled every trick in the book to limp into Rapid City, went to O'reilly's and bought the hub assembly, went to "Runnings", bought a 3/4 breaker bar about 3 ft long, a huge socket, and me an my son went to work. We won, and the rest of the trip was awesome. I sure hope yours is too..... :)

Sorry I wasn't able to meet you Mike. Being down to one car kinda limits what I can do. Hope fully next time we can do something. Glad you made it.

'67 'Cuda The radiator sprang a leak this time. It is way too bad for stop leak. Does anyone have a spare 22" for an automatic? Plz call or text me at (5 zero 3) 4 three 4 - 3 9 five five

Thnx in advance,
Mike (still trying for home) in FL

-
Back