Broke one of my own "principles" yesterday........

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
"not to" buy electrical goods from Horrid Freight. But the little 2500 Warn Winch is now a worn wench. I've been into it three times, the gearing keeps kicking into neutral, and I've frayed 2 different wires. Has a very small wire rope. Not really impressed with the build quality, and can not find a good buy "used" on C/L..........

So I ....................bought the HF 5K which is not a lot more money (under 200 US) than their 3500 and not much heavier, either. Bought a cheap 2" to smaller hitch receiver accessory to use as a stinger

I never had a remote setup for the Warn although I could have rigged one. Just bought some hose clamps and mounted the solenoid right to the winch. I want it to be portable, and could of course use it in the hitch on the pickup, as well I do have a 12V cable supplied by a solenoid from front to rear of the pickkup

IMG_1042cs.JPG

IMG_1043cs.JPG

I have just been using "good" jumper cables. I would use welder quick connectors, but for no good reason, those have gotten outlandish in price

2500 lb wont pull a stuck egg off a plate,i wouldnt go any less than 4000 if you want to pull anything substantial. Lessens the bs factor too. Theres battery cable connectors that quick cable has. They are slick. 15 apiece,but can be found cheaper if you have the time. I have a few sets to go on my truck. Front back and one in the box,one on the boost cables and one on my inverter. Winch doesent need, its mounted between rear frame rails, pulls full size trucks onto my trailer with ease. Set it up to use 100 foot extension cord so its easy for 1 person.

Last edited:
Shopping at Harbor Freight is the same as shopping at Aldi. There are things you buy and eat or use that are good, and then there are things that are horrible and will tear your *** up!!!

-
Back