Broken Rocker Shaft Bolt Removal

-
What number of heads do you have? It's unfortunate that this little boo boo is turning into such a pain.

http://imgur.com/e0iLdrZl.jpg

That's what I'm working with.
I thought about just going back with the same enlarged stud but puttin JB Weld on the bottom to keep water out
Can you see the hole in the port? It looks like the hole just goes into the exhaust side of the port. As recommended before, tapping and plugging may work. Another head would also be my choice.

I agree with others who said tap it, then put in a bolt, or all thread with a sealer. Maybe JBWeld will give a good seal.drill to proper thread size.

Can you see the hole in the port. It looks like the hole just goes into the exhaust side of the port. As recommended before, tapping and plugging may work. Another head would also be my choice.
You're right TMM.... exhaust side. Now I'm wondering if JBWeld will hold up all that long with the heat. There are expoxies that will hold up in the heat, espcially if backed up by a setscrew or similar.

Reading the title and seeing "broken" and "shaft" in the same sentence is just wrong.... :(

Hey just want to give a HUGE THANKS to MoparTim and JBURCH for coming through with the original set of head bolts I needed.
I didn't even ask them and they dropped them in the mail to me SUPER FAST

Just goes to show what a GREAT community we have here.

I haven't tried buggering with that set screw and JB weld yet because honestly I'm not sure if I'm up to it.I don't want to drill this hole wrong and destroy the head.
My brother in law says he doesn't want to touch it with his TIG
So, JB weld it is

This is what you need.
Blue Magic 18003TRI ThermoSteel High-Temp Metal Repair - 3 oz.

This stuff should hold me until I find another head.

This weekend is Father's Day so I should get about a half day to myself. But knowing the wife that honeydo list will be longer than the Christmas list!

This stuff should hold me until I find another head.

This weekend is Father's Day so I should get about a half day to myself. But knowing the wife that honeydo list will be longer than the Christmas list!

Just tap the next size plug, don't jb anything! The head is not a loss to a real machinist.

-
Back