Bucket seat foams questions

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
I am asking this from somebody who definitely knows. I have a set of 67 buckets for my 67 coupe. Will the 68/69 foams fit, or do I need to get the 66/67 specific seat foams for this. I'm asking because I have a set of the 68/69 bucket seat foams.

Well a "definitely knows" should be a quick phone call to the company. That would be the end all, do all answer for me. I do know that this was the swap over year federal mandate for headrest. It made no difference on my addition of headrest to my wife's 67 elkie. I added them to new everything (seatwise) for safety.

Yes, mandatory on that date. The 69 model for that year build would have started in 68. Semantics. I'd still call the company.

I am asking this from somebody who definitely knows. I have a set of 67 buckets for my 67 coupe. Will the 68/69 foams fit, or do I need to get the 66/67 specific seat foams for this. I'm asking because I have a set of the 68/69 bucket seat foams.

Hey Mopar Mat
100 % sure !
You definitely need 67-69 A/ B Body seat foams. The 67 A or B-body seat foams are different. Available from Legendary. I was going to use 67 seats with 68 covers but a call to Legendary changed that. BTW, be sure to get new listing wire when you redo the foams

Hey Mopar Mat
100 % sure !
You definitely need 67-69 A/ B Body seat foams. The 67 A or B-body seat foams are different. Available from Legendary. I was going to use 67 seats with 68 covers but a call to Legendary changed that. BTW, be sure to get new listing wire when you redo the foams
Yes I have the install kits with listing wire, and burlap. Finally got the correct foams in from PG classic for the 69 barracuda base upholstery. These are for the 68/69 deluxe upholstery. Apparently they dont play well with the base upholstery.

Yes I have the install kits with listing wire, and burlap. Finally got the correct foams in from PG classic for the 69 barracuda base upholstery. These are for the 68/69 deluxe upholstery. Apparently they dont play well with the base upholstery.

I'm pretty sure this is why.

The listing wire pulls the cover down in the center with the deluxe covers. The wire pulls down by the outside bolsters with the standard covers.

Here's the standard seat

F198655107.jpg

Here's the deluxe seat,

AA69CBD0010.jpg

This is why I waited 6 months for these for the standard upholstery. The ones I have for deluxe seat covers are now for sale.

Screenshot_20211220-195242_Samsung Internet.jpg

This is why I waited 6 months for these for the standard upholstery. The ones I have for deluxe seat covers are now for sale.

View attachment 1715840019

Ya MoparMat, you can clearly see the cuts in the foam for the listing wire for the standard seat covers in that pic.

Shouldn't be too hard to sell the others as there is a waiting list for them

I posted em here and on B bodies. Will use funds from them to get the correct 67 ones for my other car.

-
Back