Bucket seats and consoles

-

Mopar-Man

Big Block Better Burnout
Reaction score
I mounted some aftermarket bucket seats with universal brackets. I was able to drill the brackets to use the outer floor braces right through the factory undrilled mounting holes (braces were drilled, floors were not). So the seats are where they should be and very strongly mounted. NOW... drivers seat looks great, passenger seat looks crooked. I measured from the sides of the outer seat track to the rocker pinch weld and the seats are dead even. Now I look at the transmission hump and realize it is over to the right side a good 1"-1 1/4". Man, forgot the drivetrain is offset to the right side. Looks like the console will be tricky to make and not symmetrical which drives me nuts.

Any solutions to this? The passenger seat is pretty close to the tunnel and I wanted a full length console.

Stock bucket console should still fit. There is slight adjustment.

a little hard to see but the factory console brackets are offset to the left a bit. the screw holes in the console are in the centre of the console. console ends up in the centre of the two seats.

P9290051.JPG

interior 06.JPG

The OEM console mount brackets have slots for screws that allow no left right adjustment. A big hammer will generate a little left right adjustment. :)
In the case of OEM automatic shifter, if the console isn't very close to the right position that sliding blind in the bezel wont live very long. On the other hand, If the console is perfectly aligned with the shifter a weaker homemade blind works/survives.
And all that info may be irrelevant since you said "make" console. There have been several pics of homemade consoles and at least 1 measured drawing. Dealing with the tunnel offset is/was "nature of the beast" for all.

-
Back