Bucket Seats Coachman or Cologne grain?

-

goldduster360

Reaction score
I have a July build 73 Gold Duster with the white buckets and folding rear seat. I just got my new Legendary seat covers in and they have coachman skirts and backs on the buckets along with the correct for all 73 and up models shallow elk grain inserts(the pleated part).

My Duster has the smooth skirts and backs on the buckets and bench(cologne grain) and my new covers have the coachman(coarse grain) on all the non-pleated stuff. Shallow elk grain inserts are there and pretty much match what the car left the factory with.

Upon researching further, their site lists 74 as the first year to get the cologne skirts and seat backs. Is this just another example of how mother mopar changed stuff mid-year with no real record of it. I am guessing some 73 Dusters got the pebbled stuff and others got the smooth stuff.

I am not sure it's worth the ***-ache of sending them back and getting 74's which would be correct for MY 73. The coachman actually matches the original door panel texture better as nothing else in the car with vinyl was smooth.

Please chime in.......

Dang, I thought this was THE A-body website.....

Guess I will have to go to Valiant.org for the right answers:)

-
Back