Buick GSX and Plymouth GTX

-
blah blah blah blah blah blah ^^^^^^^^ lol

The 71 Road Runner and GTX are my two favorite cars. Period. I don't think anybody has said the Buick was better, just that there were cool cars other than Mopar. Now don't be getting all butthurt up.

LOL are we on the butt hurt thing again , I don't get butt hurt , I get even :sign12:

not sayin the gsx wasn't cool , I actually think they are pretty good lookin, but I wouldn't buy one

http://twinrev.com/cars/Plymouth-Road-Runner-HEMI-vs-Buick-GSX

There is an ongoing battle between the GSX and Hemi Roadrunner, the Buick has been king for awhile in the 1/4 mile. They were torque monsters and probably a better balanced car than the RR

As far as looks the 70 GSX stage 1 over a 70 GTX I would call it a toss up on looks, they were both beautiful cars

Apples to apples each manufacturer was looking to one up the other in HP wars on the streets. Style and comfort same thing, both were bankers hot rods

For me I wouldn't mind having a GSX, but my hard earned money would buy a GTX any day of the week over a Buick.

Deleted due to lack on interest by others. Wasn't important, anyway.

Golly jeepers Beav. You sure know how to dish it out, but you can't take it. lol

I had a Buick Grand National, but that didn't even come close to the thrill I get when driving this:

photo_zpsb0afce1e.jpg

photo_zps5d49406b.jpg

photo_zps319fa8a9.jpg

photo_zps6cc15c11.jpg

Wish I never read this thread. Now I want a GTX!!!

Golly jeepers Beav. You sure know how to dish it out, but you can't take it. lol

I havn't dished it out, or taken any thing. Post 23 said what I wanted it to say, and post 25 was just some needless conversational stuff. So I dumped it. It didn't add anything to the conversation, apparently. No harm, no foul. :dontknow:

Save what? The money I don't have. It sickens me how much Mopars have gone up in price. I should have kept some of my older ones.

You're are correct. Back in 1986 I was offered a 1969 GTX with 38,000 miles on it for $1000 dollars. I didn't buy it for a number of reasons, not the least of which was that there were only 2 drivers in our house hold at the time, and we alsready had 5 vehicles, insured and registered.

The car was a 440/4bbl. 727 with a Dana. Vinyl roof, buckets, console, am/fm thumb wheel, with 500's on it. In fact the only thing I could see wrong with it at all, was a small dent in the roof (easily repairable).
I just didn't need it, and they were a dime a dozen at the time.

I'll take a 70 gtx over the gsx any day of the week.

I never have liked the 70. I know people say it's the best year ever but it just doesn't do it for me. The 71 to me by far is the best of the best of all the muscle cars.

I never have liked the 70. I know people say it's the best year ever but it just doesn't do it for me. The 71 to me by far is the best of the best of all the muscle cars.

to me 70 is the best year ....I might be biased because I have a 70 sport satellite which is basically a GTX with a 383.

But how can you not like the little scoops on the sides and the 70- only pistol grip that they came with and the "telephone receiver" grille.

its awesome

"70 only" There was a reason. lol

71 IS the best year for my liking

this is just too awesome for its own good

Attachments

• doc10 copy.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 112
dang I really look like a hoarder.

here is the back end of my 70 sport satellite 2 door H/T which is basically a GTX except it came with a 383 where the GTX came with a 440 standard.

But this car has the same grille, tail lights, and interior as a GTX.

I have since then cleared all the stuff off it because this pic was right when I amidst a move. but you get the idea.

Attachments

• CIMG1943.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 124
I like the 70. I mean it's at least a Mopar. It's just not my favorite. AT ALL. lol

I've just never been a fan of the overall appearance of the 71-newer b bodies. In the right color combo, they look good. There's just something about the 70-older b bodies that rings my bell lol

Now I am a BIG fan of the 69 and prior. Just that one year, 70 just never did it for me. They are better than chebbies. lol

-
Back