bumble-bee stripe

-

DdgeDartboi

the beast
Reaction score
ok i am looking for the demensions and exactly where i need to place the bumble-bee stripe on my car.... i know its a three stripe and i need to know how thick the main stripe is and how thick the two outside stripes are and the distance between the inner and outside stripe and the measurements of where i need to paint the stripe...... thanks guys... look foward to hearing from atleast some of you lol

Toby

What year, and model car might help;

Just a Little. ;)

Year One sells stripe kits, for some cars. :)

Stripe Kits/Body Decals : Plymouth Duster Stripe Kits;
Stripe Kits/Body Decals : Plymouth Barracuda Stripe Kits;
Stripe Kits/Body Decals : Dodge Dart Stripe Kits;

Stencil kit for 1967-1968 Z/28 models. Etc............

Reproduction die-cut stripe kit comes premasked to allow for ease of installation. Instructions are included, however we highly recommend that these kits be professionally installed. NOTE: Most cars with black stripes used a less-glossy stripe called "flat black". Some cars, however, used the glossy "black" stripe. Be sure to check your car carefully before ordering. Also, if a 2-part polyurethane or clear-coat type finish is applied to the car, you must wait a minimum of 5 days before applying any stripe kits. Polyurethane paints and clear coats experience a certain amount of "outgassing" during the curing process which will cause the decal film to bubble if applied too soon.

DdgeDartboi said:
ok i am looking for the demensions and exactly where i need to place the bumble-bee stripe on my car.... i know its a three stripe and i need to know how thick the main stripe is and how thick the two outside stripes are and the distance between the inner and outside stripe and the measurements of where i need to paint the stripe...... thanks guys... look foward to hearing from atleast some of you lol

Toby

sorry lol i seem to forget those important details.... its a 1971 dart swinger...... and i have seen the decals at yearone and everything but i am more wanting to paint it..... i am alot better with the painting than putting on decals

The decals should be just vinyl. I spent a year working in a vinyl sign shop, so I did a ton of lettering and striping on cars, vans, and trucks.

I'd advise measuring twice (or more!) and using masking tape for guidelines. Spray down the area with some soapy water before actually laying it down, because it'll be much more forgiving when you remove the backing and try to posistion it. With the soapy water, you'll actually be able to move it around a bit, in case it's not straight the first time. Then you can just squeegee as much of the water water from underneath as possible, though it will take longer for the vinyl to really become attached. If you want to go the decal route and need any more help, let me know.

The guy who painted the stripe on my swinger before I got it used a Louis Lamor (sp) paper back book and a pencil as his measurements. looked freakin good too, lol.

-
Back